Prospect Info: [2024 - 21st] Michael Hage, Chicago Steel (USHL), Committed to U of Michigan

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Just for sake of comparison, there were a few pretty good NCAA prospects taken in the 2022 draft.

D + 1 season in the NCAA

3- Logan Cooley- 60 points in 39 games
5- Cutter Gauthier- 37 points in 32 games
13- Frank Nazar- 7 points in 12 games (injured)
14- Rutger McGroarty- 39 points in 39 games
23- Jimmy Snuggerud- 50 points in 40 games

Of note, most of these players played with much deeper rosters than Hage has at U of M.

Cooley played with Snuggerud, Knies and Brock Faber.

McGroarty played with Adam Fantilli, Luke Hughes, Gavin Brindley and Seamus Casey

Cutter Gauthier had the weakest supporting cast in his rookie year at Boston College.

STEAL.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Same exercise, but with the 2023 draft:

D + 1 season in the NCAA

2- Adam Fantilli - Went right to the NHL
4- Will Smith- 71 points in 41 games
8- Ryan Leonard- 60 points in 41 games
15- Matthew Wood- 28 points in 35 games
19- Oliver Moore- 33 points in 39 games
21- Charlie Stramel- 8 points in 34 games
23- Gabe Perreault- 60 points in 36 games

I think that Smith's, Leonard's and Perreault's numbers were somewhat skewed as they all played together in the USNDT and joined Boston College together and dominated the NCAA (along with Cutter Gauthier). I have a feeling Perreault and Leonard's production are gonne take a bit of a hit this season without Gauthier and Smith, although they did pick up James Hagens.

For Hage, I would be somewhat satisfied with production like Oliver Moore who is another fast skating center picked around the same range, though I think Hage can surpass those numbers.

Reactions: EXPOS123

Habby4Life

First pick overall goes to the Montreal Canadiens
Nov 12, 2008
Too early to know what they have. Late picks are hit and miss. Could pan out or could be another Mesar.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Just for sake of comparison, there were a few pretty good NCAA prospects taken in the 2022 draft.

D + 1 season in the NCAA

3- Logan Cooley- 60 points in 39 games
5- Cutter Gauthier- 37 points in 32 games
13- Frank Nazar- 7 points in 12 games (injured)
14- Rutger McGroarty- 39 points in 39 games
23- Jimmy Snuggerud- 50 points in 40 games

Of note, most of these players played with much deeper rosters than Hage has at U of M.

Cooley played with Snuggerud, Knies and Brock Faber.

McGroarty played with Adam Fantilli, Luke Hughes, Gavin Brindley and Seamus Casey

Cutter Gauthier had the weakest supporting cast in his rookie year at Boston College.
I've been meaning to figure out a way to post something close to this
Thanks for this bud

Hage has -nobody- on that squad lol
He might put up one of those 60 points seasons next season with a better Michigan team

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad