Prospect Info: [2024 - 21st] Michael Hage, Chicago Steel (USHL), Committed to U of Michigan

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I'm most impressed with Hage's skating. It is absolutely phenomenal in my opinion. The way he uses cross overs to fly through the neutral zone. Then the wide stance to control the puck in the o-zone. He will never have Mcdavid top speed but his skating style really reminds me of him.

My comparable when I first saw him is Guy Carboneau. When Carboneau was in Junior he was an offensive player. You can still see the elite skating at the NHL level. Carbo himself thought he'd be a scoring star in the NHL and had to learn to accept that he'd be more of a shutdown guy. We'll see what Hage becomes at the NHL level. But if he can become a 3rd line C in the tier of Carboneau behind Suzuki and Dach or Demidov, that would be huge for us.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Does he have the shot? He didn’t showcase his shot much last night.

Yes, a shot that should scale to 20-30 on average if his development continues. Might have a blip season or two at 35. More of a passer.. but he had two curl and drag shots last night that missed the net but were absolute bullets.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
He's very good at controling the puck at full speed too. I'd say he's darn close to a plus skater.

He is a very high end skater, easily a plus skater.

If he hadn't tore his knee up the previous season and if the tragedy with his father did not happen he would heve easily been a top ten pick imo. He very understandably got off to a slow start and may very well have put up some gaudy numbers if his first half of the season was similar to his second half.

I think some fans are really sleeping on Hage's potential as it is a first line star at the high end. I still can't believe that we actually got the two players that I really wanted with our first two picks. I didn't think Hage would last until pick 21, as my other pick for 21 was taken early by Philly (Luchanko) and I was down to holding my breath from the 13th pick all the way to the 21st. Eiserman falling at least gave me hope and I also liked Boisvert who was taken before us as well as Surin who went after Hage.

His first game at the Bell Center wearing the jersey is going to be a special moment and there are going to be tears shed all through Habs land.

Reactions: nicehiss

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
Really rooting for him! Happy to see he got 2 assists in the opener and the highlights showed that they were nice passes. He can really fly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad