Prospect Info: [2024 - 210th] Makar Khanin (RW) - Dynamo St. Petersburg (VHL)

bopeep

Jan 22, 2004
bc
The kid doesn't look small and his skating doesn't appear to be a hindrance. He's got some skill to flash and a wicked looking shot. I'm excited to see what he can do this season, hopefully move up for a stint in the KHL for some more seasoning...

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
If we look solely at regular season stats...yeah, it can't be criticized...but playoffs stats? Also, he's not pencilled to go KHl next year...so tough to find even any U20 that succeeded in the VHL for 2 years in a row that became more than that.

LIke people said....just a 7th rounder. Though, our 4th line C is a 7th rounder. And so is our 2nd goalie....

As some said...good bet to take. Surely better than a Middlestadt pick who had no upside.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Aare you ready for the gazillion Q players invited to the dev camp? lol
are we ready for the gazillion sarcasms about the Q players invited to the camp, the Q medias, and the Q staff / ex-staff, even in this Makar Khani's thread ?

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
I hope one day I see what they saw in Khanin. I would have went with Tanner Adams at that spot. A september 2nd born, with 21 points in the NCAA...type of guy that will be the hot commodity in 3 years as free agent...

Going back to Khanin, I don't see a NHL'er. Don't see the implication. Yes, you see the skills. But hockey is so much more than that.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I hope one day I see what they saw in Khanin. I would have went with Tanner Adams at that spot. A september 2nd born, with 21 points in the NCAA...type of guy that will be the hot commodity in 3 years as free agent...

Going back to Khanin, I don't see a NHL'er. Don't see the implication. Yes, you see the skills. But hockey is so much more than that.

When they were talking about Khanin in the meetings shown in the draft video, Chris Boucher was saying that according to the data, Khanin has the profile of a 4th round pick, and they took him in the 7th. He did have 27 pts in 35 GP in the VHL and 9 pts in 7 GP in the MHL.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
When they were talking about Khanin in the meetings shown in the draft video, Chris Boucher was saying that according to the data, Khanin has the profile of a 4th round pick, and they took him in the 7th. He did have 27 pts in 35 GP in the VHL and 9 pts in 7 GP in the MHL.

They took the skills and see if a hockey player emerges. That's what we've been asking for 7th round scratch tickets.

It's not Ryan Johnson.

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
Makar Khanin looks like a very interesting prospect.

Caser

May 21, 2013
twitter.com
on the prospect board the Russian mod is saying Khanin has re-signed with his KHL club on a 1 year deal. His contract was set to be up at the end of this upcoming season.
Not exactly actually, I was saying more that if previously he was signed to a VHL contract with Dynamo St.Petersburg, now it looks like he has signed with KHL's Dynamo Moscow (yet there's an affiliation agreement with Dynamo St.Petersburg, so likely he will still play there at least for now).

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
are we ready for the gazillion sarcasms about the Q players invited to the camp, the Q medias, and the Q staff / ex-staff, even in this Makar Khani's thread ?

The tribalist in you is strong. 🏋️‍♂️

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
They took the skills and see if a hockey player emerges. That's what we've been asking for 7th round scratch tickets.

It's not Ryan Johnson.
That's usually what I do as well.....but to me skills means more than just dangling pucks. I've seen 2 entire preseason games so far...and that's all I see.

Right now, my late draft rounds pick would be filled with goalies, injured players or late-born. 3 scenarios where eclosion could happen yet no numbers enough to be picked before.

That's also why Filip Eriksson was a great pick. Skills were there and was injured most of the year.

Anyway, we will see.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $871.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 5