GDT: 2024-2025 Training Camp

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I've been saying for years that these dorks all think they've been simply unlucky and on the receiving end of some bad bounces. Nothing changes because they don't think anything needs to change.

I mean, shit, it was like pulling teeth without anesthetic to fire Reirden, man. f***ing *Reirden*. :laugh:

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I've been saying for years that these dorks all think they've been simply unlucky and on the receiving end of some bad bounces. Nothing changes because they don't think anything needs to change.

I mean, shit, it was like pulling teeth without anesthetic to fire Reirden, man. f***ing *Reirden*. :laugh:

They know that's not how luck works, right?

Like... if I did a crap job for 7 straight years with substandard to flat-out terrible results and I tried telling my project director that it was all bad luck when they were trying to figure out WTF had gone wrong I'd be packin' my shit up five minutes later.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
They know that's not how luck works, right?

Like... if I did a crap job for 7 straight years with substandard to flat-out terrible results and I tried telling my project director that it was all bad luck when they were trying to figure out WTF had gone wrong I'd be packin' my shit up five minutes later.
I think there's absolutely a bit of borderline delusional arrogance that comes with anybody who reaches the pinnacle of whatever sport they're in. Has to be something like that, because yeah--any rational mind takes a step back and says "What the f***, man." And tries to avoid repeating failure. :laugh:

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
The reddit crew thinks this is a fascinating article that does a great job addressing frequent criticisms and breaking them down into the false narratives they are and goes into great detail about the things Sullivan has done that recommends him as a truly top tier coach in this league.

Just in case ya'll were wondering.

Which is weird because what I mostly got from it is "Mike Sullivan speaks in complete sentences and does a ton to teach but won't actually go into any detail on what he teaches. Also as a coach I think coaches are treated unfair and Mike Tomlin is really cool and stuff."

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
I see that Sullivan responded about his lack of system changes, not playing younger players and his job security

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
The reddit crew thinks this is a fascinating article that does a great job addressing frequent criticisms and breaking them down into the false narratives they are and goes into great detail about the things Sullivan has done that recommends him as a truly top tier coach in this league.

Which is weird because what I mostly got from it is "Mike Sullivan speaks in complete sentences and does a ton to teach but won't actually go into any detail on what he teaches. Also as a coach I think coaches are treated unfair and Mike Tomlin is really cool and stuff."
The dick riding Reddit does for him is insane. Any sort of criticism and you get downvoted into oblivion

Attachments

• 1000006088.png
    1000006088.png
    45.6 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
The dick riding Reddit does for him is insane. Any sort of criticism and you get downvoted into oblivion

Notice how a lot of people there just... say stuff that sounds good (tell 'em what they wanna hear so they leave us alone) without going into any actual detail as to what they are talking about?

Wonder where they got that from.

EDIT: It's like... my dudes... it's a PR puff piece. And badly-crafted one, at that. The guy being interviewed couldn't even put in the baseline effort. And they're all over there like "Welp... that solves that! Sullivan sure showed them!"

Reactions: Malkinstheman

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020

The Pens Reddit is some of the worst gathering of fans. I think most are 90% Steeler fans and don’t follow much hockey outside of the casual Pens game.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
The Pens Reddit is some of the worst gathering of fans. I think most are 90% Steeler fans and don’t follow much hockey outside of the casual Pens game.

I literally saw someone there say "defense wins championships" one time completely earnestly and I think I un-subbed right after.

You're mixing your sports cliches, guys. The Steelers forum is that-a-way.

• Haha
Reactions: Malkinstheman

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
I literally saw someone there say "defense wins championships" one time completely earnestly and I think I un-subbed right after.

You're mixing your sports cliches, guys. The Steelers forum is that-a-way.
During the summer someone had made a post regarding Broz's future prospects. I had missed the news that he signed his ELC so I said he will return to college and then spend 1-2 years in the AHL. Someone then commented that my post displayed "psychopathic tendencies". That pretty much sums up the Reddit experience

• Haha
Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
During the summer someone had made a post regarding Broz's future prospects. I had missed the news that he signed his ELC so I said he will return to college and then spend 1-2 years in the AHL. Someone then commented that my post displayed "psychopathic tendencies". That pretty much sums up the Reddit experience

I'm scrolling the thread in question right now and there is a upvoted response further down from some guy who swears that Malkin never came off the top unit last year.

This is about the type of investment into actually paying attention to the game I expect from that neck of the woods.

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
I mean, they really could be better, but their attitudes will prevent it and the Sully article proves it. They'll keep doing the same things just hoping to get a bounce or two.

Meanwhile, they'll keep the power play basically the same, they won't practice 3-on-3, and they won't practice shootouts, because those last two things only happen in the regular season, and they think they're training/playing for the playoffs.

Reactions: akapidots

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
The bottom 6 should be miles better than it has been if only because there are so many options. We should not give anyone too long of a leash, especially the veterans, and if they are ice cold get them out and see what one of the extra forwards, or Poulin or Pono or Gruden, can do.

We owe nothing to Beauvillier, Puljujarvi or Glass and they’re walking next summer whether they play really well or suck. Use our glut of mediocre forwards to our advantage and grind them into dust.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
This is sure to go over well...

You think when Seth gets on his knees in Sullivan's office, does he warm up his hands first? Use spit or lube?

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
The bottom 6 should be miles better than it has been if only because there are so many options. We should not give anyone too long of a leash, especially the veterans, and if they are ice cold get them out and see what one of the extra forwards, or Poulin or Pono or Gruden, can do.

We owe nothing to Beauvillier, Puljujarvi or Glass and they’re walking next summer whether they play really well or suck. Use our glut of mediocre forwards to our advantage and grind them into dust.
D and goaltending is what concerns me this year. Not the F group. I’m not really worried about it though just gonna enjoy this season.

Reactions: Jacob

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004

I sincerely hope that this is the approach they take but that seems a bit too cutthroat for this team. They just played Harkins like 40 games without scoring once last year because he was a nice guy or something.

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Imagine being this stupid like Bryan Rust.

Penguins forward Bryan Rust, who played for Sullivan with Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, suggests the year-to-year turnover of an NHL roster makes the concept of a coach’s message becoming stale inapplicable.

“If you really think about it, there’s only four guys — five guys maybe — who have continuously been here (since 2015),” Rust said. “There a whole lot of new players and turnover where it is a fresh message. And I think since he delivers his message with such passion and conviction, it’s hard to not continually listen to it. The way he delivers it and the details and the information that he has to back his way of thinking and his messages is something that you can’t really argue against.”

You dumb twat. You think the turnover in roster isn't because of the coach maybe? f***ing bell end.

Also...LOL
“Now, you guys (in the media) don’t always see it, and I’m not going to share the details of what those look like. But to say we’re playing the same exact way … we didn’t even play the same way in 2017 that we did in 2016. There were adjustments made in our defensive zone coverage in 2017 in the Stanley Cup Final series against Nashville that was different than any other element of what we did. … We felt that it was an adjustment that we needed to make in order to try to try to win the series. We adopted that after we had success. We constantly look at that in how we’re going to play.”

This is the coach this franchise will destroy this team with because of this ignorance.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Rust has always kinda annoyed me, but not really his fault. Injury woes, Sullivan and the team treating him like a golden boy, etc. Then he went on that dork ass loser Ninja's stream or podcast or whatever and the fact that he knows/hangs out with that dweeb instantly vindicated my dislike of the guy.

Can't wait for them to trade him the moment his NTC expires next summer. (Riiiiight, I f***ing wish)

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I generally like Rust but I will say that it makes way too much sense that he makes an appearance in a Mike Sullivan ballwashing extravaganza of an article. I don't know why this article is so funny/infuriating to me. I think because it can be boiled down to this:

"Alright, plebes... Imma hold court and clear the air on some bullshit, here. I've been quiet to this point but I feel like I need to go on record and explain to everyone what I do here, how I do it and why my process is very misunderstood and has been misrepresented by some."

"OK Mike... go off."

"No. But hey remember 2017?"

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
The ego on Sullivan is comical. Claims no one knew who Jake Guentzel was when he put him with Sid. Like we didn't pay attention his rise through college and wbs or something. The entire article is to wank off a twat like Sullivan but in the end it just shows how incompetent he truly is and how stupid the players are as usual and why it doesn't matter what the players think.

I generally like Rust but I will say that it makes way too much sense that he makes an appearance in a Mike Sullivan ballwashing extravaganza of an article. I don't know why this article is so funny/infuriating to me. I think because it can be boiled down to this:

"Alright, plebes... Imma hold court and clear the air on some bullshit, here. I've been quiet to this point but I feel like I need to go on record and explain to everyone what I do here, how I do it and why my process is very misunderstood and has been misrepresented by some."

"OK Mike... go off."

"No."
I've had to put my iPad down several times to just cool off reading that f***ing article. The more I read it the more infuriating it becomes knowing a massive faction in upper management likely read that as "see he's awesome, it's the team that is the problem."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad