GDT: 2024-2025 Training Camp

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Lol someone better tell Sullivan.

Think this completely throws away the idea of McGroarty going down when healthy. If this team ever gets healthy, I think Puustinen or Glass end up on waivers.

Will be interesting who goes on waivers if McGroarty plays well.

Think it's almost definitely Puustinen, with possibly Beauvillier getting wavied if he doesn't play well.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018

Lol someone better tell Sullivan.

Think this completely throws away the idea of McGroarty going down when healthy. If this team ever gets healthy, I think Puustinen or Glass end up on waivers.

Think it's almost definitely Puustinen, with possibly Beauvillier getting wavied if he doesn't play well.
“Starts the day on the roster”

Is not exactly something that makes me think the bolded.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

I get "this is your last chance" vibes from some of these Dubas comments.

“Starts the day on the roster”

Is not exactly something that makes me think the bolded.

Well yeah, if he doesn't play well he won't stay on the team. My point was more that they're not going to send down McGroarty just because he's waiver exempt. They'll waive someone worse if McGroarty is deserving of staying on the NHL team.

Dubas noting Pickering as one of the standouts in WBS

Also mentioned Avery Hayes as a guy who had a good camp.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I actually like some of what Dubas is saying, here. But he never lacked for the ability to SAY the right things.

He DOES know that the coach he has helped entrench here played Harkins for like 40 games without scoring one goal just last year though, right? You can't blame that one on like... Erik Karlsson or whatever.

Reactions: Andy99

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
I actually like some of what Dubas is saying, here. But he never lacked for the ability to SAY the right things.

He DOES know that his hero coach is the guy that played Harkins for like 40 games without scoring one goal just last year though, right? You can't blame that one on like... Erik Karlsson or whatever.

A bottom 6 that can’t score, That’s how you win in this league!

It’s funny cause that’s not even how he won in this league.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Rest of it is lip service, especially about the prospects but the “if this ends like the last two seasons, it’s over” line is a strong statement to make.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
The way he framed it, sounds a bit like Dubas wants to re-sign Doc and MP. He said that UFA decisions will be based on where the team is and where they're going but he puts those two in a different group

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Strong words from Doober. I like applying the urgency right before the season starts.

Unfortunately the era he is talking about is probably the Crosby-Malkin era and not the Sullivan-era.

I think it's more about the "contending era" and they'll really nuke the team this off-season if things don't improve. Which is a bit odd to say right after extending Crosby, but I figure Crosby was aware of this and understands the expectations for this team.

The way he framed it, sounds a bit like Dubas wants to re-sign Doc and MP. He said that UFA decisions will be based on where the team is and where they're going but he puts those two in a different group

I think both are firmly "re-sign them if the team is decent, otherwise trade them as rentals".

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
Dubas says a lot of the right stuff and then does the opposite. Remember, the guys he brought in last year he thought were going to help scoring in the bottom 6.

Reactions: Andy99

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Okay Rust is on IR retroactive to Sunday, so he's just on IR until he's good to go.

Honestly a bit surprised for Gauthier to end up in Wheeling again, I kinda feel bad for him. He's been performing well there and probably should be in the AHL.

Dubas says a lot of the right stuff and then does the opposite. Remember, the guys he brought in last year he thought were going to help scoring in the bottom 6.

Did he say that about the 2023 off-season additions? I thought he had made the point more about the defense needing to be good defensively and bring speed to the table. I don't recall him mentioning those guys were brought in for offense.

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad