GDT: 2024-2025 Training Camp

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
When Lizotte comes back you won't be covering it waiving Puustinen, or Puljujarvi or simply sending down McGroarty.
Nedeljkovic is week-to-week. He's going on LTIR because he'd be able to be back by the end of the month because the Penguins will play 10 games in the first three weeks. LTIR requires missing at least either 10 games or 24 days.

Your Boy Troy

Sep 19, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
I have no problem with Brunicke getting an extended look. He looked very poised and in control on both sides of the ice. If he either shits the bed or doesn't get any ice time, then he can go back to the 'W'. It's a learning experience either way.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I have no problem with Brunicke getting an extended look. He looked very poised and in control on both sides of the ice. If he either shits the bed or doesn't get any ice time, then he can go back to the 'W'. It's a learning experience either way.
And also an opportunity to raise his value. 2nd round pick RD that is already at least sniffing the NHL will raise some eyebrows.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
This is my fear…McG isn’t as good an offensive,player as Michkov but this is the philosophy I hate from coaches…let him find his offensive game and play him in the top six…not interested in having him focus on defense on a third line Sullivan deploys as primarily a defensive line…we have so little scoring as it is

The worst part is Sullivan is the exact same as Torts but he isn't outwardly a wanker about it so he gets away with it and no one seems to question his shitty usage for players.

I wouldn't mind a Sprong for Pettersson type deal for Poulin. Would be nice to have a young LD to potentially push Graves out of the lineup
A 47yr old Mark Eaton could push Graves out of the f***ing line up.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
You mean Pickering? Id take another though, to push Graves AND Grelzyk out.
I thought Grzelcyk would be ok but jeez. I have been super underwhelmed by his showing in the preseason games.

He's definitely a bloke Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum on the coaching staff wanted though. I wonder if maybe they'll try him with EK and go Petts with Letang.

gdsmack267

Sep 11, 2010
Rochester, NY
I thought Grzelcyk would be ok but jeez. I have been super underwhelmed by his showing in the preseason games.

He's definitely a bloke Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum on the coaching staff wanted though. I wonder if maybe they'll try him with EK and go Petts with Letang.
I think Gryz will be a roller coaster for us. Going to be plays he makes that will impress us and then also drive us insane. I do worry about a Gryz letang pairing. They will have some games that look brutal

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
I think Gryz will be a roller coaster for us. Going to be plays he makes that will impress us and then also drive us insane. I do worry about a Gryz letang pairing. They will have some games that look brutal
It'll be similar to another Beantown reject Sullivan wanted - Matt No-Funwick.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015

He always struck me as deadline trade bait. He's going to be some contender's #5 for a 3rd rounder.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Hopefully the Bunting-Malkin-Rakell line remains intact in the regular season, they look to be carrying over their elite chemistry from last season.

As for the prospect side of camp, I am pleasantly surprised by the play of Pickering and Brunicke. Really think both guys had good training camps. They seem like good building blocks for the eventual rebuild, especially as D take longer to develop and hit their peak a few years later than forwards, so drafting a few elite forwards in the coming years could open up a competitive window in 4-6 years or so.

Richard

Feb 8, 2012
For some reason, this season, I think the Pens are gonna finish 3rd in the division and make the playoffs handedly. I think Crosby will be a point per game and if the Powerplay clicks they make the playoffs - hell, if the powerplay clicked last year they make the playoffs.

Furthermore, if we had decent goal keeping we advance 2/3 years before, and I believe the teams we lost to got to at least the conference finals.

Hockey is a funny sport in how close it is, especially in the playoffs.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
DK is still saying McG is going to be sent to Wilkes and not in a paper transaction …says the team still feels he doesn’t play with enough pace yet and will start in the A with top six minutes…morning podcast

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
For some reason, this season, I think the Pens are gonna finish 3rd in the division and make the playoffs handedly. I think Crosby will be a point per game and if the Powerplay clicks they make the playoffs - hell, if the powerplay clicked last year they make the playoffs.

Furthermore, if we had decent goal keeping we advance 2/3 years before, and I believe the teams we lost to got to at least the conference finals.

Hockey is a funny sport in how close it is, especially in the playoffs.
Unfortunately father time is undefeated. Our best players are entering their late 30's. There will be a drop off. And while the supporting cast in the bottom six is incrementally better. The top six is worse than the start of last year. Also no injuries to either Sid and Geno each of the last two seasons. That's not likely to continue this year. Jarry has shown he can't be trusted. The coach and the on ice product are stale. Our team speed is pedestrian at best. Sure. there'll be flashes of brilliance, but it won't be sustainable.

This is not a playoff team, this is a team likely to finish in the bottom ten.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
To those of you out there that believe the Pens will make the playoffs, DM me - I can get you some dirt cheap volcano insurance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad