GDT: 2024-2025 Training Camp

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
I think Pens will move a player early in the season. Brunicke and Rutger M may stay up just for seeing them in a game perhaps. But I do think both will go down for cap purposes after 9 games. Ponomarev to LTIR will be the player who takes the place of Rutger M. .Nieto, Ned and Ponomarev to LTIR along with Lizette. Pens will have to move a contract at some point. My guess is Eller.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
No Lizotte is starting the year on IR.

They're likely starting with:

O'Connor-Crosby-Rust
Bunting-Malkin-Rakell
McGroarty-Eller-Puljujarvi
Beauvillier-Hayes-Acciari
Glass-Puustinen

Pettersson-Karlsson
Grzelcyk-Letang
Graves-St. Ivany
Shea

Jarry-Blomqvist

IR: Nedjelkovic, Lizotte and Ponomarev
Brunicke re-assigned to the WHL
Pretty much. St Ivany and McGroarty aren't waiver eligible, so they could send them down and keep Brunicke, but I doubt it. Or if Rust goes on IR too they could keep 8D.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
They're not ready to give up on him yet, and given the size of the contract I understand why.
Way smarter to at least attempt to rehabilitate him because there's somebody out there who will take him eventually given his size.

If Brunicke's not gonna play, that sucks.
It'd be back to Juniors, which he's already outgrown.
You can't recall someone from Juniors later on, right?
I don't think he's really outgrown juniors at all, he's never been the guy for his team and has never produced any offense.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Way smarter to at least attempt to rehabilitate him because there's somebody out there who will take him eventually given his size.

They need to hope putting him on the third pair and limiting his minutes will be make him look better. Or hope that St. Ivany can be a miracle worker.

Reactions: Turin

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
They need to hope putting him on the third pair and limiting his minutes will be make him look better. Or hope that St. Ivany can be a miracle worker.
Yea I think no matter what you can't sink Karlsson or Letang by forcing them to babysit him. He needs a defensive D partner.

Reactions: Darren McCord

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I'm actually legitimately excited to see how the bottom 6 shakes out this year. Our depth has been ass for so long, it's a breath of fresh air to have some intriguing guys battling for spots.

Also huge shoutout to Eller. Dude's IQ is often overlooked and I think he has a lot to teach the younger guys in the bottom 6, playing with him did wonders for DOC and Puusty last season.
I don't see any way our bottom six isn't improved this year. No Jeff Carter alone should be enough to represent a vast uptick in bottom six play.

Powerplay can't possibly be worse than it was last year as well.

If you're looking for optimism as a Pens fan, those are the two biggest reasons to do so imo.

Engvall for Graves. Who says no?
Probably the Isles. I'd do that in a heartbeat.

Reactions: Sideline

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I think Pens will move a player early in the season. Brunicke and Rutger M may stay up just for seeing them in a game perhaps. But I do think both will go down for cap purposes after 9 games. Ponomarev to LTIR will be the player who takes the place of Rutger M. .Nieto, Ned and Ponomarev to LTIR along with Lizette. Pens will have to move a contract at some point. My guess is Eller.
Really?

I would be absolutely shocked if that were the case, at least until close to the deadline.

Eller's a good player and the team still has designs on competing. We don't currently have anyone else who can bring his level of 2 way play as a bottom 6 center.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
I don't think he's really outgrown juniors at all, he's never been the guy for his team and has never produced any offense.
Feel like that's about to happen and they're just wasting his time. Oh well.

Really?

I would be absolutely shocked if that were the case, at least until close to the deadline.

Eller's a good player and the team still has designs on competing. We don't currently have anyone else who can bring his level of 2 way play as a bottom 6 center.
Yeah Eller's not going anywhere until at least the deadline. He's one of Sully's favorites.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Brunicke has become the most overrated player on this board. He puts up 21 points in juniors yet people think he should get ice time over better players like Aho or Graves? Send Brunicke back to the WHL for a couple years until he can hit ppg+ and 1 day he can show he's AHL ready.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad