GDT: 2024-2025 Training Camp

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
If McGroarty and Puljujarvi’s chemistry isn’t just a flash in the pan, if and when the time comes to drop DOC down the lineup and give McGroarty a chance with Sid, I hope Puljujarvi moves up with him. In a fantasy land where that pair really does jive perfectly and Puljujarvi finally taps into his offensive potential, this lineup would suddenly be crazy deep:

McGroarty-Crosby-Puljujarvi
Bunting-Malkin-Rust
DOC-Eller-Rakell
Hayes-Glass-Lizotte
With those combinations (or really, with any) Sullivan's going to have to change his approach to zone start allocations. Because that would mean Rakell and DOC would be swamped with about 80% D-zone starts, and Glass/Hayes would be at around 65% to 70%. I think that's a waste of those guys' offensive ability to be utilized like that.

Reactions: Andy99

Your Boy Troy

Sep 19, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
I question the talent and roster evaluation of keeping an Aho over Ludvig if that's indeed the case. St. Ivany being his replacement and Brunicke making the team out of camp might be their answer and the most logical explanation.

Aho is a guy who's more suited for the Swiss national league. He's not an effective NHL defenseman with his lack of size and limitations defensively. He doesn't move the needle when it comes to his puck-moving abilities as well.

Ludvig is most likely never going to be more than a spare/bottom-pairing guy, but Aho was a stupid signing that I didn't care for at all.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I question the talent and roster evaluation of keeping an Aho over Ludvig if that's indeed the case. St. Ivany being his replacement and Brunicke making the team out of camp might be their answer and the most logical explanation.

Aho is a guy who's more suited for the Swiss national league. He's not an effective NHL defenseman with his lack of size and limitations defensively. He doesn't move the needle when it comes to his puck-moving abilities as well.

Ludvig is most likely never going to be more than a spare/bottom-pairing guy, but Aho was a stupid signing that I didn't care for at all.

I don't think I agree. Aho has been a Ludvig level option for the Isles over the last three years with more success tbh.

Reactions: MrBrightside

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I think injuries save Puustinen from going on waivers, but as soon as everyone is healthy he’s probably the first guy being waived. He really needs a strong performance when he gets in if he doesn’t want to end up on waivers.

That being said, hopefully injuries make it a moot point. I definitely don’t want to waive him and risk losing him to waivers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad