GDT: 2024-2025 Training Camp

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I didn’t realize they were practicing today…thought it was an off day…

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Just gonna remember how fun McG and Puljujarvi have been in pre-season so down the line when Jarry's playing like shit cuz he's injured in February, and Sullivan's playing anyone under 29 for 6 minutes a night, it's not as shitty.
Poolparty is really intriguing. Is this gonna be another in a long line of dominant preseason performances that turns into nothing when the games matter or is he a breakout candidate?

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Poolparty is really intriguing. Is this gonna be another in a long line of dominant preseason performances that turns into nothing when the games matter or is he a breakout candidate?
We'll see, I guess. Oilers fans seem to think he could've been something if not for the hip injuries, and hopefully the major surgery has fixed the problem. He was a monster at the WJC in his draft year, there's talent there, and he's fine as far as forechecking and defensive game goes. Just a matter of building on things now that he's healthy.

Reactions: Pancakes

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
We'll see, I guess. Oilers fans seem to think he could've been something if not for the hip injuries, and hopefully the major surgery has fixed the problem. He was a monster at the WJC in his draft year, there's talent there, and he's fine as far as forechecking and defensive game goes. Just a matter of building on things now that he's healthy.
He was analytically a beast for the Oilers at least in terms of controlling play. His big issue was not being able to score even when playing with McDavid lol. If you can't score playing with that guy you've got some problems.

That said, if he decided to wait and figure it all out on the Pens I sure wouldn't complain.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
He was analytically a beast for the Oilers at least in terms of controlling play. His big issue was not being able to score even when playing with McDavid lol. If you can't score playing with that guy you've got some problems.

That said, if he decided to wait and figure it all out on the Pens I sure wouldn't complain.

Like a lot of players who are decent but not great at the NHL level, he has the tools but hasn’t been able to get open and in positions to shoot at this level…a lot of players can score when they’re given open space and time…it’s the players who can do so in tight quarters, find space and position to get their release off, who are really good NHL players…he hasn’t shown that and preseason won’t show that either lol

Reactions: Pancakes

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
This guy played 2 years at Michigan also and now starting for the Devils and got a goal in his second game …he’s listed as 5’9 and 162 lbs on some other sites I saw lol, for all of you size queens…Puusty is bigger than him

Also playing the point on the powerplay in his 2nd NHL game.

Reactions: Andy99

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Also playing the point on the powerplay in his 2nd NHL game.
Hughes and Pesce are both hurt otherwise I'm not sure Casey would have made it.

Devils might luck out if he plays/looks good and forces his way into staying the lineup.

Ignatius

Utah Direwolf
Apr 28, 2010
Sin Bin
I'm surprised, it seems like a 50/50 split about whether people think the team will send McG down or keep him up. I lean towards last nights performance earning him a spot.

I'm pretty high on this guy, if he gets the right development he has the pedigree to be a real star in the future.

I have this inclination to believe that with the right development he could start off his career playing in a position like someone like Ryan Getlaf or Robert Thomas did and work his way up into prominence. Again I'm very high on this guy, 2 cents

Reactions: WickedWrister

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Rust and LIzotte are hurt. Let's see what we do.
You know exactly what we will do and it will involve McGroarty getting benched in third periods because Sullivan doesn't trust him defensively while meanwhile Kevin Hayes will be doing slow looping circles in the defensive zone.

Also something something Beauvillier playing 15 minutes a night with Sid

Reactions: DRAGO 18 and Andy99

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
You know exactly what we will do and it will involve McGroarty getting benched in third periods because Sullivan doesn't trust him defensively while meanwhile Kevin Hayes will be doing slow looping circles in the defensive zone.

Also something something Beauvillier playing 15 minutes a night with Sid

So let's not blame it on the injuries. Our coach literally came out and said young players don't break into the league in the top six, despite our success in 2015-16 and 16-17 largely being driven by us playing rookies in the top six in the playoffs.

Dude is a f***ing moron.

Our D sans EK65 could be horribad

He said he's playing Wednesday.

Reactions: Ignatius and Andy99

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
does anyone have the nickname mcgoat yet

IMG_2018.gif

I’m excited for the kid to make the main roster

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad