GDT: 2024-2025 Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
Depends on whats best for him as far as developement goes. I dont mind burning a year of the ECL if he improves more then if he goes back to juniors. If hes screwed around between being anchored by Graves and sitting in the pressbox, well, then id rather not burn the 1st ELS year.
and we do know sully's track record

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
My comparison was Blake Coleman.

I don't think his production is ever going to be star level. I think he's the type of player that wins you a cup though and his attitude is undeniable in the pre-season, off ice stuff.
I can sort of see where you're getting that idea from for the comparison. Both are smart defensively, good play drivers, Blake is about 3" shorter and a far better skater than Rutger is, also Coleman is just finally realizing his potential, he had a couple of good seasons in NJ before he was moved (back to back 20 goal seasons) and his game wasn't well rounded offensively there until he joined the Flames and especially more so the last couple of seasons. But I think Rutger has better offensive instincts than Coleman at the same age.

Coleman just recently started to use his linemates more offensively and effectively, for me Rutger is already better than him at that. But I mean, I wish he could skate like Coleman, he'd definitely be a lock if that were the case, as I feel like he hangs a little back because of his skating and he adjusts his game for his positioning not to burn him if the puck goes back the other way and he is on the backcheck.

Let's be reality, if McG was any better a prospect then the Pens likely couldn't've traded for him.
I mean if we ignore the fact that he wanted out of Winnipeg entirely, yeah sure, that could be an assumption one could make.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
We should not blame ANYONE for a preseason results. Vets just go through the motions.

It is about getting ready (for the vets) and proving yourself (for the kids).
The problem is, the vets go through the motions during the regular season too, and the kids are not rewarded when they do prove themselves.

That is a Sullivan trademark.

Ad

Ad

Ad