GDT: 2024-2025 Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
So basically Dubas traded Jake for Bunting and a bunch of 2nd round picks.

Hit rate on a 2nd is roughly 25%. Dude might just be playing a numbers game? Which I actually appreciate.

I went from loving Dubas, to hating him, to acknowledging he’s a mixed bag.

Reactions: Sideline

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
So basically Dubas traded Jake for Bunting and a bunch of 2nd round picks.

Hit rate on a 2nd is roughly 25%. Dude might just be playing a numbers game? Which I actually appreciate.

I went from loving Dubas, to hating him, to acknowledging he’s a mixed bag.

Haven’t really been impressed with much of his work here, but I think drafting has been good going back to Hextall’s first year here tbh.

Reactions: Le Magnifique 66

MeinerEiner

Dec 9, 2013
Cologne
From Haase:
Bryan Rust will miss practice with a maintenance day. Vasily Ponomarev is day-to-day with an upper-body injury (likely shoulder). Blake Lizotte has a concussion from taking a puck to the face in Sudbury, no timetable. Alex Nedeljkovic is week-to-week with a lower-body injury. Erik Karlsson, Beau Jelsma, Jagger Joshua and Matt Nieto all skated.

Immediate obvious takeaways: Nedeljkovic being week-to-week means Blomqvist will be the backup to start the season and will presumably make his NHL debut in that back-to-back to start the season. And there's a decent chance Lizotte won't be ready to start, and a young guy might get a chance in the bottom-six in his place

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Here comes the injuries. Ned week to week, Lizotte concussed. Well, at least it will solve some lineup problems, for a while.

Prob will be Blomqvist backing up. Id say theres some risk we lose Larsson on waivers tho, so that might be a factor.

Reactions: Andy99

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012

Wild to hear Sullivan praise someone without some comment about how he needs to do x y or z.
He's done it before. It's usually the kiss of death.

"making progress" "growing" = we like him but we'll be sending him back. Actually, if EK isn't ready -and I'm guessing he probably will be - they may keep Brun up for up to 9 games, which would be fine.

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
Here comes the injuries. Ned week to week, Lizotte concussed. Well, at least it will solve some lineup problems, for a while.

Prob will be Blomqvist backing up. Id say theres some risk we lose Larsson on waivers tho, so that might be a factor.
Good chance Lizotte wont be ready for game 1, could bode well for some of the younger guys that we want to see.

And yeah, Blomqvist probably gets Detroit on the B2B?

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
From Haase:
I giggled at the description of the Lizotte incident. He took a puck in the face in Sudbury, I'm picturing him randomly walking down the sidewalk and some kids playing street hockey pelted him in the face.

Maybe I just haven't had enough coffee today but for some reason the description seemed funny to me.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Decent chance Lizotte wont be ready for game 1, could bode well for some of the younger guys that we want to see.

And yeah, Blomqvist probably gets Detroit on the B2B?
Wouldn’t be surprised if all of this means McG makes the team to start. Either that or Puusty won’t be waived lol

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I feel like Lizotte being injured is going to open up a spot for McGroarty to start in the NHL. Really curious to see how the lineup shakes out, but the fact that he's been used a ton with Hayes makes me think it's a legitimate possibility.

I'm hoping for McGroarty-Hayes-Puljujarvi as a line but I'm positive that wouldn't be it, especially since Acciari's pre-season performance likely guarantees him a spot (even if there was any doubt before). I guess you could run with Beauvillier-Eller-Acciari and McGroarty-Hayes-Puljujarvi as their bottom-6, but consider me skeptical they'd run with that.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
I feel like Lizotte being injured is going to open up a spot for McGroarty to start in the NHL. Really curious to see how the lineup shakes out, but the fact that he's been used a ton with Hayes makes me think it's a legitimate possibility.

I'm hoping for McGroarty-Hayes-Puljujarvi as a line but I'm positive that wouldn't be it, especially since Acciari's pre-season performance likely guarantees him a spot (even if there was any doubt before). I guess you could run with Beauvillier-Eller-Acciari and McGroarty-Hayes-Puljujarvi as their bottom-6, but consider me skeptical they'd run with that.
you KNOW Glass will be in there somewhere. probably over McG :(

Reactions: Andy99

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal

It's sad to say, but if that's the case, I'd be pretty happy!

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Wonder if they will waive someone. It actually wouldnt be the worst thing if we lost someone on waibers. i think we are at 49 contracts? And IF brunicke is geting a chance, that will bring us to the limit at 50.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
The unfortunate part if they have to keep 14 forwards if Lizotte isn’t ready to play by the opener is that Brunicke is likely to be a casualty and sent down if they can only keep 7 D

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Week-to-week means 28 days on average, historically. We might not see Ned until November.
Larsson's .968 in pre-season so far. Only faced 31 shots, but looked good.
I imagine it'll be Blomqvist starting games in October, but I won't be upset with either one.

2 back-to-backs this month. But it's also 12 games in 23 days. I don't wanna see Jarry starting more than 8.
There's no point having depth at goaltending if you don't use it.

Reactions: Sideline and Andy99

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I giggled at the description of the Lizotte incident. He took a puck in the face in Sudbury, I'm picturing him randomly walking down the sidewalk and some kids playing street hockey pelted him in the face.

Maybe I just haven't had enough coffee today but for some reason the description seemed funny to me.

I had someone I knew at the game who said Letang hit him with the puck by accident lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad