GDT: 2024-2025 Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
The PP looks better without Karlsson. It did the year before he came too. 17th. Not 30th.
At this point I would either run both Letang and EK on PP1 or put EK on PP2. Wait until Letang does something to lose the spot.
Absent a real Phil Kessel, Stamkos, Ovechkin, Laine etc RHS trigger man, I've always maintained we should have Karlsson at the top of the umbrella flanked by Letang and Geno. Sid and probably Bunting down low.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
McGroarty is buzzing so far, 2 glorious chances so far. Puljujarvi looks really damn good as well, hard to say he's not earning a spot with his pre-season performance.

I would not have any issues if they ran with McGroarty-Hayes-Puljujarvi to start with Lizotte injured.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Bunting is fine. So are Rust, DOC, even Rakell. Problem is we need more than fine on the W with the megapowers getting older. We need two Guentzel level players, or one bonafide star to push this team back into contention. Prime Kessel type. I don't know who that player is in 2024, but we need to find them. Marner maybe? Mcgroarty will help but he's not enough. After that, we've thrown enough crap at the wall in the bottom 6 that I think in a year or so something good will stick. Goal tending is a gamble but Blomqvist and Murashov look interesting.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Absent a real Phil Kessel, Stamkos, Ovechkin, Laine etc RHS trigger man, I've always maintained we should have Karlsson at the top of the umbrella flanked by Letang and Geno. Sid and probably Bunting down low.
Yeah that's worth exploring. Anything to make them less predictable.

I wanna see this:
Sid-Bunting-Geno
Karlsson-Letang

I don't like the EK + Geno connection, and feel they need to be further away from each other until they prove otherwise this season.
Sid on the left side is probably better than right historically, for whatever reason. Maybe it's because it spreads out the opposition boxes enough to afford him more space to make plays. It really worked well in 2021.
I like Geno on the right wall way more than on the point. Easier to get shots through and score from there. Less of a punish for mistakes. He scored a grand total of 2 PPGs last year as a result of his slapper. It's not the dangerous weapon Sullivan thinks it is.
Letang was awesome at even-strength scoring last year and deserves another shot on the 1st unit.

If one of the point-men suck, bring Rust on the unit and shuffle things around I guess. Rakell at the point is something I'd consider too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Miro4Norris

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad