GDT: 2024-2025 Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Yep, as I expected, Buffalo is not playing their vets this game, so it’s another meaningless game to assess any prospects lol

Considering that all Buffalo’s top healthy players were in last night’s game (and the team plays in Munich against a German team on Friday), the Sabres roster of players coming to Pittsburgh looks a lot different than the NHL-caliber club they fielded over the weekend. Here’s the B-team that will be playing tonight

Forwards (13): 41 Ty Cheveldayoff, 44 Joshua Dunne, 94 Konsta Helenius, 49 Mason Jobst, 52 Aleksandr Kisakov, 57 Brett Murray, 54 Olivier Nadeau, 36 Noah Ostlund, 63 Isak Rosen, 67 Graham Slaggert, 59 Tyler Tullio, 92 Anton Wahlberg, 42 Brendan Warren
Defensemen (7): 33 Ryan Johnson, 76 Vsevolod Komarov, 46 Noah Laaouan, 73 Zach Metsa, 91 Nikita Novikov, 5 Ethan Prow, 3 Jack Rathbone
Goaltenders (2): 31 Michael Houser, 34 Scott Ratzlaff

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Yep, as I expected, Buffalo is not playing their vets this game, so it’s another meaningless game to assess any prospects lol

Considering that all Buffalo’s top healthy players were in last night’s game (and the team plays in Munich against a German team on Friday), the Sabres roster of players coming to Pittsburgh looks a lot different than the NHL-caliber club they fielded over the weekend. Here’s the B-team that will be playing tonight

Mike Sullivan's pre-game speech needs to be one of vengeance and redemption.

I know it’s preseason but why are we wasting a look at Marc Johnstone? The guy is an ECHLer everywhere except Dubas run teams where he’s a crappy AHLer who somehow was the first call up last year.

What is Kyle’s obsession with him?
There's a balance of rookie/vets you have to maintain in pre-season games and in the AHL and he's under contract.

I don't think there's an "obsession" with him because his name hasn't been brought up once by anyone. I think it's more "this is a player we have on our team under contract".

Don't waste time reading into it.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Yeah if they lose Poulin it's kind of a masterclass in how NOT to develop a prospect.

He didn't turn out exactly as I hoped and the team couldn't do anything about him losing a year of development due to whatever it was he was going through. But it would still be a pretty big failure. Even within context of the general failure the Penguins drafting, development and delivery of NHL prospects has been over the years.

lokomotiv15

Jul 14, 2012
London, ontario

Ah, former WBS darling and offensive dynamo Ethan Prow. Our boys are in for one tonight!

• Haha
Reactions: Andy99

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Like I posted last night, I still think Poulin and Puustinen end up the 13th and 14th forwards. Everyone else was being used like how they'd be used in WBS, while Puustinen and Poulin stuck out as being out of place on the lines they were on.

I just don't see anyone else who makes sense for the 13th and 14th forward than those two. It's those two, Puljujarvi and Bemstrom as the only legitimate candidates IMO and they're pretty clearly projecting they view the last 2 as top-6ers in WBS.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Ah, former WBS darling and offensive dynamo Ethan Prow. Our boys are in for one tonight!
Listen, our BEST line up is in for it this season. There's no calvary coming to save this teams bacon any time soon.

Just remember, the worse we are now, the better it'll be in four-five years. Sullivan will drive this team further down the standings. We will be picking in the top 10 if not higher. Just gotta make those types of picks count. That's all that these next few seasons are about!

steelcityassault

Sep 17, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Listen, our BEST line up is in for it this season. There's no calvary coming to save this teams bacon any time soon.

Just remember, the worse we are now, the better it'll be in four-five years. Sullivan will drive this team further down the standings. We will be picking in the top 10 if not higher. Just gotta make those types of picks count. That's all that these next few seasons are about!
Too bad Crosby couldn't have a son floating around by now

lokomotiv15

Jul 14, 2012
London, ontario

My dream scenario; The planets align, the 87th winter solstice of this cycle hits, c-beams continue to glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate, it all comes together and we find a way to win the cup this year. We then suffer from a massive cup hangover and bottom out the following season; Win the draft lottery, draft McKenna 1OA. He proceeds to carry Sid off into the sunset his final few years like the child does to his mother at the end of that book "Love you forever". After seeing 7 cups in my life-time, I can finally die an old lady, an old lady warm in her bed.

It could happen... I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad