GDT: 2024-2025 Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I guess these are their likely cuts but should t there more? From Taylor…

They're down to two groups for the main practice today, but a third group of depth guys skated prior to the main session. PTO goaltender Luke Richardson, who was signed mainly to help out in these after Charlie Schenkel went back to junior, was part of that group along with Jack Beck, Sam Houde, Atley Calvert, Nikolai Knyzhov and a couple others.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
No official cuts list yet but the teams are on the ice now.

Team 1:

Anthony Beauvillier - Sidney Crosby - Bryan Rust
Rutger McGroarty - Vasily Ponomarev - Jesse Puljujarvi
Tanner Howe - Blake Lizotte - Noel Acciari
Jonathan Gruden - Tristan Broz - Emil Bemstrom/Boko Imama

Kris Letang - Matt Grzelcyk
Ryan Shea - John Ludvig
Owen Pickering - Scooter Brickey
Harrison Brunicke - Dan Renouf

Sergei Murashov
Joel Blomqvist

Last edited:

TheGuiminator

I’ll be damned King, I’ll be damned
Oct 23, 2018
It's 2024 and Crosby has to carry 3rd liner in Beauvillier and an aging Bryan Rust on the first line.

Sullivan really wants to put the PPG season record in jeopardy, doesn't he?

Reactions: Andy99

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
I guess these are their likely cuts but should t there more? From Taylor…

They're down to two groups for the main practice today, but a third group of depth guys skated prior to the main session. PTO goaltender Luke Richardson, who was signed mainly to help out in these after Charlie Schenkel went back to junior, was part of that group along with Jack Beck, Sam Houde, Atley Calvert, Nikolai Knyzhov and a couple others.
Wasn’t Houde in wbs, got concussed and was out a big chunk of the season?

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Team 2:

Michael Bunting - Evgeni Malkin - Rickard Rakell
Kevin Hayes - Lars Eller - Cody Glass
Avery Hayes - Joona Koppanen - Valtteri Puustinen
Corey Andonovski/Ville Koivunen - Jimmy Huntington - Sam Poulin
(Marc Johnstone)

Marcus Pettersson - Sebastian Aho
Ryan Graves - Jack St. Ivany
Filip Kral - Mac Hollowell
Isaac Belliveau - Nathan Clurman

Alex Nedeljkovic
Filip Larsson

Last edited:

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Why are we pretending O'Connor is somehow going to end up on L4 when he's not even practicing today?

I think it's been fairly evident that they're going to end up with:

Beauvillier-Crosby-Rust
Bunting-Malkin-Rakell
O'Connor-Eller-Glass
Hayes-Lizotte-Acciari
Puustinen-14th F

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
If it has to be those 6 I’d prefer

OC-Hayes-Glass
Lizotte-Eller-Acciari (Puus)

In an ideal world you swap Acciari for Puus.

Don’t understand Hayes as a W.

What’s funny is I think the above could be pretty decent.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I can't explain it, but that'll be a weird or awkward 3rd line.

O'Connor doesn't appear to be practicing, that's why they're running with that 3rd line. Hayes is just being bumped up to L3 and Howe is being bumped up to L4 for the practices.

I also think that basically confirms Aho as their #7 defenseman, since he's being bumped up to Pettersson's pair with Karlsson out.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
O'Connor doesn't appear to be practicing, that's why they're running with that 3rd line.

Hayes is just being bumped up to L3 and Howe is being bumped up to L4 for the practices.
It’s early so who knows what it’ll actually be but that’s kinda worse

Hayes and Acciari playing W on the same 4th line is like the worst idea imaginable tbh. Zero foot speed on both wings.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
It’s early so who knows what it’ll actually be but that’s kinda worse

Hayes and Acciari playing W on the same 4th line is like the worst idea imaginable tbh. Zero foot speed on both wings.

I don't think that fits Acciari at all. In fact, I think a huge issue that Acciari had last year is that his speed is completely neutered as a center in Sullivan's system. Acciari's main skillsets are his speed and forechecking, but he can't effectively do that with how Sullivan's system uses centers on the forecheck.

I would actually prefer to see Lizotte-Hayes-Acciari as that 4th line, because both Lizotte and Acciari are speedy players and strong on the forecheck. Lizotte especially.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
I don't think that fits Acciari at all. In fact, I think a huge issue that Acciari had last year is that his speed is completely neutered as a center in Sullivan's system. Acciari's main skillsets are his speed and forechecking, but he can't effectively do that with how Sullivan's system uses centers on the forecheck.

I would actually prefer to see Lizotte-Hayes-Acciari as that 4th line, because both Lizotte and Acciari are speedy players and strong on the forecheck. Lizotte especially.
lol at Acciari’s skating being an asset

Eye test and tracking say otherwise: NHL EDGE Puck and Player Tracking Statistics - Skaters

check prior years in other cities on the wing too. Below average skater in every measurable way.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The really worrisome thing I'm seeing with these lines is that it almost makes me think Puustinen is WBS bound, based on seeing things like this:

That third unit is 100% a WBS PP unit. Not only that, but he's also on a line with pure AHL guys in Hayes and Koppanen. They'd be making a massive mistake by waiving Puustinen to try to send him to WBS, it would be a moronic decision.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad