GDT: 2024-2025 Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
1726974523942.gif

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
I thought for his first game against NHL talent he held his own, but I didn't see anything that screamed he should be on the roster on opening night. He'll be better served getting regular shifts in the A for awhile.
The question is will he sour on this org too?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I thought for his first game against NHL talent he held his own, but I didn't see anything that screamed he should be on the roster on opening night. He'll be better served getting regular shifts in the A for awhile.

I think this sums it up perfectly. He looks good but not "he needs to be playing in the NHL right now" good. He can absolutely play in the NHL as a bottom-6er right now, but he's not forcing the team to play him there right now.

I had this thought when watching him in the prospect tournament (where he was also very good), but I think he's better off getting a half season in the AHL and then coming up straight to the top-6. He can play in the NHL right now on the Penguins 3rd line, but I'd rather him spend half a year in the AHL and then go directly to Crosby's line just like Guentzel did.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Well. Sullivan has his excuse now to send half these young players down.
What makes you think he ever needed an excuse or even a reason? He pencilled in his line-up the moment he got the veterans he needed Dubas to get him, the rest is just for show.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad