GDT: 2024-2025 Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
I don’t think they care about anyone there besides Glass.
Well I think we should care about Puustinen. 20 points in 52 games, getting little ice time. He's a good breakout candidate this season.

2.0 per 60 last year at 5v5. He produced better than I thought tbh. Everyone hyped his shot, but it's his playmaking that's carried him. He's too small to get in good shooting positions.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
I don’t think they care about anyone there besides Glass.
Sullivan gets moist for his size. Even though he's really not a stand out in camp much at all really outside of fluff pieces about him and his "pedigree" or whatever. He was with Hayes for a few scrimmages and I noticed Glass just reminded me of Harkins, lost my appetite suddenly for some reason.

Puljujarvi hasn't had a good camp and will need to do a lot to change it.

Bemstrom should be practicing with the AHL squad lines.

Puustinen as much to everyones dismay has been playing well and could earn a spot that he should already have if not for dipshits.

Ludvig has been outplayed by so many at this point - Clurman, Aho, St Ivany all look better than he does. Grzelcyk and Letang already look on the same page so at least that's a very good sign there but I'm sure everyone saw that coming. Graves was even doing well in camp.

Personally seeing Jarry also show up in better shape and ready to fight for his spot makes me happy for the lad even though everyone here just wants to see him fail regardless of whatever bullshit they claim as otherwise.

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
Dey don care.

mqdefault.jpg

Reactions: GilbertSeinfeld

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Well I think we should care about Puustinen. 20 points in 52 games, getting little ice time. He's a good breakout candidate this season.

2.0 per 60 last year at 5v5. He produced better than I thought tbh. Everyone hyped his shot, but it's his playmaking that's carried him. He's too small to get in good shooting positions.

Small euro. He’s never gonna get a chance with Sully.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012

He gets in good shooting positions but I think the issue is when you're in good shooting positions with Lars Eller and Reilly Smith, you aren't going to be seen regardless with those blind wankers.

If anything he isn't afraid to get into those areas. It's what I really like about the lad. He's small but he's not weak or scared to go into those areas at all and has done it routinely. I think he just needs to use his release more. But his production getting ignored for what he did in the situations he was put into as well as his metrics all point towards a player that succeeds with better opportunity and even then, still does in not so good opportunity.

We'll see some ideas vs Buffalo tomorrow. I'm curious to see the hype of Doc and Rutger tried since the blogs keep pushing that like they're paid sponsors.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Small euro. He’s never gonna get a chance with Sully.
And yet as much as the dipshit Sullivan didn't want to use him, he realized he needed to for 52 games last season even while stuffing him with Eller.

It's funny that Puustinen's goals came from the slot or in traffic. He's also not shy to battle along the boards and cause turnovers, there's a lot of hockey IQ there and his size hasn't stopped him from playing his game, the way the coach utilizes him has been the only thing to hinder his game.

I'll post it again for the ignorant.

He's not only behind the net along the boards he goes to the front of the net to get the goal after.

Battles to the front of the net, supports in the corner, slides out to get open in the slot and scores. "Oh but he's small..."

This one is just a nice one-time clapper. But again his movement.

Another one-timer

Causes a turnover, goes to the board to force another turnover and then sets up a play. "Hurrr he could never last vs a physical Flyers team!"

This one was a solid one as well, causes a turnover that Smith capitalizes on and then the patience to pass it to Geno for a goal he usually sets up others for.

Also loved the battle along the boards and then a heads up pass to Bunting vs the Caps last season. Even the Pens analysts during the game couldn't help but talk him up during that game.

This team needs more of this. Not more size queen grinders.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Meanwhile Cody Glass needed to be with Niederreiter, Duchene, or Forsberg in usage that had him in the top 6 to hit a massive ground breaking 35pts for his breakthrough year.

Again if Cody is a C, they're doing it right. As a rw? They're not doing their due diligence on the player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad