GDT: 2024-2025 Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
Glass and Puustinen are the same age. Glass is a former first round pick.
Glass has five inches on Puustinen.

Everyone should have to earn a spot, but if Glass gets the nod over someone like Puustinen, let's at least recognize the dude is still young and has some pedigree.

I have no issue if Glass makes the team over Puus. Young guys who actually give a shit and aren’t overpaid through UFA are how you should fill out a roster.

I do have issue with the fact someone like Acciari will probably make this roster over someone more deserving.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
And we'll probably see them like 30% of the time. :laugh:

Sullivan will finally put the line combination together everyone has been screaming for due to injury, it produces quite well and helps even balance the roster a bit only to have it all rug-pulled when one guy on the line like... randomly turns over the puck in his own end once. But really because it wasn't Sullivan's idea to begin with so how could it actually be any good?

Fordy

May 28, 2008
Sullivan will finally put the line combination together everyone has been screaming for due to injury, it produces quite well and helps even balance the roster a bit only to have it all rug-pulled when one guy on the line like... randomly turns over the puck in his own end once. But really because it wasn't Sullivan's idea to begin with so how could it actually be any good?
well the ultimate rug pull is the moment his favored option returns from injury. yeah, the line may be playing the best it has all year and actually be producing, but his favored guy from the completely dysfunctional version is back, so let’s not even ride it out until it cools off

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
And we'll go back to watching the usual suspects play like shit for 15 game stretches, yet getting infinite leash.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

OtherThingsILike

May 6, 2020
Pittsburgh
I'm pretty sure the roster for the preseason game vs. Buffalo tomorrow evening goes here, right?

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
GOALIES

30 – Joel Blomqvist

31 – Filip Larsson

DEFENSEMEN

4 – Nathan Clurman

5 – Ryan Shea

7 – John Ludvig

27 – Ryan Graves

45 – Harrison Brunicke

57 – Philip Waugh

81 – Mac Hollowell

FORWARDS

2 – Rutger McGroarty

10 – Drew O’Connor

11 – Vasily Ponomarev

16 – Jimmy Huntington

18 – Jesse Puljujarvi

19 – Cody Glass

26 – Tristan Broz

41 – Ville Koivunen

48 – Valtteri Puustinen

52 – Emil Bemstrom

74 – Tanner Howe

84 – Atley Calvert

85 – Avery Hayes

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017
GOALIES

30 – Joel Blomqvist

31 – Filip Larsson

DEFENSEMEN

4 – Nathan Clurman

5 – Ryan Shea

7 – John Ludvig

27 – Ryan Graves

45 – Harrison Brunicke

57 – Philip Waugh

81 – Mac Hollowell

FORWARDS

2 – Rutger McGroarty

10 – Drew O’Connor

11 – Vasily Ponomarev

16 – Jimmy Huntington

18 – Jesse Puljujarvi

19 – Cody Glass

26 – Tristan Broz

41 – Ville Koivunen

48 – Valtteri Puustinen

52 – Emil Bemstrom

74 – Tanner Howe

84 – Atley Calvert

85 – Avery Hayes
So game action for the first round of cuts?

Reactions: Al Smith

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
I have no issue if Glass makes the team over Puus. Young guys who actually give a shit and aren’t overpaid through UFA are how you should fill out a roster.

I do have issue with the fact someone like Acciari will probably make this roster over someone more deserving.
Glass played like an AHL'er last year and is making 2.5M. They didn't get him because the contract was good.
They got him because he came with picks.

If Glass plays like last year I'd rather use Acciari, and that's saying something because I don't consider Acciari even our 14th best Forward.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Based on that lineup, I think we're going to see Glass at center tomorrow. They don't have 4 centers without playing him at center from what I can tell, at least based on the other line combinations they've used in the scrimmages so far.

Ponomarev and Broz will definitely be playing center, but I think pretty much everyone else there has played wing mostly. I think we'll end up seeing something like:

O'Connor-Glass-McGroarty
Bemstrom-Ponomarev-Puustinen
Koivunen-Broz-Puljujarvi
Howe-Huntington-Hayes/Calvert

They could also get weird and move O'Connor to C for just this game, that has the top line as McGroarty-O'Connor-Glass.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
So game action for the first round of cuts?
For the most part. They've had four practice groups (three full ones) to start camp. They'll go to two on Monday after an off-day Sunday. So cuts will come Sunday or Monday morning.

They have 69 guys in camp and they'll want to get down to 25ish or so for each of the remaining practice groups. Five or so guys are banged up, so they'll cut 12-14 guys, give or take.

The Canadian junior season started tonight, so I would imagine most of the cuts will be those guys. That would include Pieniniemi and Brunicke, too, because those guys will be major factors for their junior teams and they'll want to get as much game action as possible for development.

Other cuts will be guys on AHL deals, and that might include Calvert and Hayes.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Glass played like an AHL'er last year and is making 2.5M. They didn't get him because the contract was good.
They got him because he came with picks.

If Glass plays like last year I'd rather use Acciari, and that's saying something because I don't consider Acciari even our 14th best Forward.

Such a bad take. Glass was hurt for the majority of the year.

He has potential to be the best piece we acquired this summer.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

GilbertSeinfeld

Mar 4, 2024
Based on that lineup, I think we're going to see Glass at center tomorrow. They don't have 4 centers without playing him at center from what I can tell, at least based on the other line combinations they've used in the scrimmages so far.

Ponomarev and Broz will definitely be playing center, but I think pretty much everyone else there has played wing mostly. I think we'll end up seeing something like:

O'Connor-Glass-McGroarty
Bemstrom-Ponomarev-Puustinen
Koivunen-Broz-Puljujarvi
Howe-Huntington-Hayes/Calvert

They could also get weird and move O'Connor to C for just this game, that has the top line as McGroarty-O'Connor-Glass.
This looks like the Penguins post 87.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I don’t think the Penguins are going to be much different this year as they were last year, but I really feel like WBS is going to be stacked. Even with Poulin and Puustinen up, that team has a ton of skilled younger players and a decent collection of AHL vets. Really happy with how they seem to have rebuilt the AHL team a bit, I think that was really neglected by Hextall.

Bemstrom and Puljujarvi should both be top AHL producers and the young talent added between Broz, Ponomarev and Koivunen should make them much better.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
GOALIES

30 – Joel Blomqvist

31 – Filip Larsson

DEFENSEMEN

4 – Nathan Clurman

5 – Ryan Shea

7 – John Ludvig

27 – Ryan Graves

45 – Harrison Brunicke

57 – Philip Waugh

81 – Mac Hollowell

FORWARDS

2 – Rutger McGroarty

10 – Drew O’Connor

11 – Vasily Ponomarev

16 – Jimmy Huntington

18 – Jesse Puljujarvi

19 – Cody Glass

26 – Tristan Broz

41 – Ville Koivunen

48 – Valtteri Puustinen

52 – Emil Bemstrom

74 – Tanner Howe

84 – Atley Calvert

85 – Avery Hayes
I find it interesting that Poulin isn’t playing in this one, as another borderline player who might be waived…wonder if his absence is meaningful

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad