GDT: 2024-2025 Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Luckily he's (Puustinen) having a very good camp so far and I hope it's enough to make sure he's on the roster, at this point it seems like even Ponomarev is continuously impressing and Glass really seems invisible, he wasn't good along the boards in one of the scrimmages and he really doesn't wow you in any way about anything - his skating, shot, etc. St Ivany looks great each bit I've seen of his camp, his skating and even his shot has been very noticeable.

Are there streams of camp? Or are you in Pittsburgh/Cranberry?

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Malkin and Rakell are the pairs mostly, Rakell has looked good like his shoulder is 100% and he's back to his old self. Him and Geno were buzzing together so I think if anything there's a chance for Hayes to be the LW on that line or they go with Bunting.

They were trying Beauvillier, Crosby, Rust at times, let's hope that's not a thing.

Puljujarvi looks like he's going to be one of the first few cuts at this stage, he's doing himself zero favours and is already getting called out by Sullivan in practices.

Ps - Binnington is a racist piece of shit.
In the end, Sid will want Rakell in the replacing Guentzel role. That's what camp and pre-season are for, trying out different scenarios.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
In the end, Sid will want Rakell in the replacing Guentzel role. That's what camp and pre-season are for, trying out different scenarios.
I could see that being a thing Sullivan defaults to because Sullivan is a dipshit. But I think with how many reps Beauvillier was getting with Sid & Rust, he's a more likely option to be tried there because he can skate and keep up with them and looked to be showing a little bit of chemistry with them in some of the scrimmages.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
O'Connor looked great on the first line down the stretch last season, in games that actually mattered. I don't see how Beauvillier, who has been a ghost since scoring a big playoff goal against us, gets a spot on this roster...let alone next to Crosby on Line 1!

Two of Beauvillier, Glass and Acciari should be waived at the end of camp.

Very encouraging about Puustinen, HOG. And the fact Ponomarev and Koivunen have been noticable can only help this organization moving forward.

St. Ivany is a very important piece for this team. His steadiness is more than necessary when compared to the other blueliners.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I could see that being a thing Sullivan defaults to because Sullivan is a dipshit. But I think with how many reps Beauvillier was getting with Sid & Rust, he's a more likely option to be tried there because he can skate and keep up with them and looked to be showing a little bit of chemistry with them in some of the scrimmages.
It really comes down to what Sid feels and wants. I doubt Sully supersedes that.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
I see they're trying to build chemistry with Hayes and Geno and I am fine with that as it would likely mean Glass is going to be C and honestly that's what I prefer to see him as if he's going to get a chance to succeed and he's healthy, go with the position he did do well in in his "breakout" year. I'd be fine taking those ideas into account and going with this:

Bunting, Crosby, Rust
Hayes, Malkin, Rakell
O'Connor, Glass, Puustinen
Beauvillier, Eller, Puljujarvi
Lizotte - 13th forward.

Acciari, Nieto, Bemstrom should all be waived, if any of them get claimed, great, if not, they can go be heroes in WBS.

Poulin I feel is likely going to get waived during the mass waives and see if they can sneak him through, McGroarty would benefit with top line minutes in WBS to start the season, get top PP and PK minutes, etc, being there and assessing his play in the first dozen games is good for him, also I am starting to like the way Kirk MacDonald thinks with his coaching and I think that would be better for his development than being brainwashed by Sullivan and his gimp, Quinn.

Especially with this sort of thing...

You don't want to rush a prospect like Rutger and f*** him up and I really think dipshits like Sullivan and Quinn can and will do that.

I'm hesitant to list my preferred depth chart before even seeing the new guys in pre-season. Will post mine shortly before the opener.
But I would say BMR was a great line for us last year, and I have no desire to see it disbanded at this time.
DOC worked with Sid too. He provides elements 37 y/o Sid needs, like fervent backchecking, forechecking and retrievals.

Lizotte I'd like to see get a good look. Solid defensive player with a modicum of offensive upside. Highly motivated, young. Probably would be a good PK'er.

Poulin I'm close to giving up on. Bemstrom is trash and always has been. Acciari was a joke last year. Puljujarvi defends very well.
McGroarty I have way too little info on. But I would say he's a pretty mature 20 and I don't think he will need to stay in Wilkes a long time.

There's a vast disparity between what the peak and floor of what Hayes can provide, so I'm really not sure about him. It's a prove-it year. Leaning towards wanting him at 3C.
I have low expectations of Glass, but at least he's coming in with fire in the belly.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Pens are really playing Broz consistently at center…he really is a center but I’d love it if the could check him out on wing with Sid or G…he’s legit good and if he can get his wicked shot off against NHL players, he could play in the top six this year where we desperately need shooting talent…

lol…DK on his podcast this am says Dubas legit loves Sullivan and believe in him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad