GDT: 2024-2025 Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Here's the schedule for Training Camp:

First game is against Buffalo on Saturday

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Don't want to read too much into day 1 of Camp but it's weird that Acciari is the only NHL guy on team 4
Yeah. I hope they’re trying to send a message.

More likely is he needs maintenance days but isn’t as good as EK65 to actually take days off :laugh:

Can’t be officially the start of the season without someone being injured.

Also…

Crosby and McGroaty on the same team.
So are Sid and Beau :sarcasm:

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
From Hasse:
Some early lines and pairings from the first group, with the giant disclaimer that they almost never start the season with their lines from the start of camp. Mike Sullivan typically pairs a regular tandem up front with one guy who probably won't be there.

Anthony Beauvillier - Sidney Crosby - Bryan Rust
Drew O'Connor - Sam Poulin - Rutger McGroarty
Logan Pietila, Joona Koppanen, Jesse Puljujarvi, Boko Imama
rotating

Marcus Pettersson - Mac Hollowell
John Ludvig - Filip Kral
Sebastian Aho - Harrison Brunicke / Dan Renouf

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

MeinerEiner

Dec 9, 2013
Cologne
From Haase:
Teams 1 and 2 are about to scrimmage. I'll have updates below.

• Team 1 lines and pairings are further down in the feed. Here's Team 2. Again, they like pairing regulars with non-regulars.

Ville Koivunen - Evgeni Malkin - Rickard Rakell
Emil Bemstrom - Vasily Ponomarev - Valtteri Puustinen
Corey Andonovski - Marc Johnstone - Jimmy Huntington/Bennett MacArthur

Matt Grzelcyk - Kris Letang
Nikolai Knyzhov - Mac Hollowell
Philip Waugh - Nathan Clurman

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Blomqvist looks rough rough early….from Taylor

• Andonovski scores the first goal of the training camp scrimmage, tucking the puck past the pad of Alex Nedeljkovic. 1-0, Team 2.

• Puljujarvi goes post-and-in to tie it, 1-1. That one was on Joel Blomqvist.

Drew O'Connor puts Team 1 up 2-1. Blomqvist got turned around and O'Connor buried his own rebound.

• Switching goaltenders at the half. Filip Larsson replaces Blomqvist. Undrafted prospect Charlie Schenkel replaces Nedeljkovic.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Let me just say right off the cut that I'm relieved to be wrong about them trying to get something going early with Hayes and Malkin. No Bunting in that group, though. But that's not that odd... that Group Three needed a little help, anyway haha

Interesting but not totally unexpected they have Groat in Crosby's group. Koivunen lining up next to Malkin might possibly be fun.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Let me just say right off the cut that I'm relieved to be wrong about them trying to get something going early with Hayes and Malkin. No Bunting in that group, though. But that's not that odd... that Group Three needed a little help, anyway haha

Interesting but not totally unexpected they have Groat in Crosby's group. Koivunen lining up next to Malkin might possibly be fun.
I wish it was my boy Broz lol

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
You've made this impression off of what exactly?

The same reasons anyone would have: he didn't jump out to me with his skating, defense, puckhandling, etc. when he got some NHL time. It was sparse, but you need to do something dynamic.

He's no different than the other 5-6 guys he's battling with who have similar warts to their game. I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see it

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Further scrimmmage updates from Taylor…PoolParty wants a spot in the lineup

Sidney Crosby sets up Filip Kral on the doorstep. Team 1 goes up 3-1.

• Someone on Team 2 beat Schenkel, I think Puljujarvi. Down at the other end and couldn't tell for sure. Either way, it's 3-2 Team 1 now.

Matt Grzelcyk ties it up off a feed from Rickard Rakell. It's 3-3 with three minutes left.

Crosby just flattened Koivunen behind the net in a board battle. Bullying the kids.

• We're going into a shootout to decide this. Nedeljkovic comes back in for Schenkel. Larsson staying in.

• Beauvillier is stopped by Larsson to start. Team 2 answers with Rakell, who is just barely stopped by Nedeljkovic. Nedeljkovic really had to squeeze his pad against the post.

• Crosby comes out for Team 1 and easily beats Larsson. Bodes well for his chances of making the team. Puustinen is out next and is stopped by Nedeljkovic.

• Rust is out next for Team 1 and misses the net. Koivunen is stopped by Nedeljkovic. Crosby's Team 1 is the winner.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Blomqvist looks rough rough early….from Taylor

• Andonovski scores the first goal of the training camp scrimmage, tucking the puck past the pad of Alex Nedeljkovic. 1-0, Team 2.

• Puljujarvi goes post-and-in to tie it, 1-1. That one was on Joel Blomqvist.

Drew O'Connor puts Team 1 up 2-1. Blomqvist got turned around and O'Connor buried his own rebound.

• Switching goaltenders at the half. Filip Larsson replaces Blomqvist. Undrafted prospect Charlie Schenkel replaces Nedeljkovic.
She just means that he scored on Blomqvist, not that the goal was his fault.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
The same reasons anyone would have: he didn't jump out to me with his skating, defense, puckhandling, etc. when he got some NHL time. It was sparse, but you need to do something dynamic.

He's no different than the other 5-6 guys he's battling with who have similar warts to their game. I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see it

Just seems weird to judge a player on what amounts to less than 60 minutes in the NHL.

People said the same thing about DOC when he first came up too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad