GDT: 2024-2025 Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Admit you were talking out of your ass? Because you're going on and on about a guy with a career high of 63 points and who is coming off a 54 point season as though he's on Jake's level.
How am I talking out of my ass? I'm not even giving my opinion. Those are his rates lol. You clearly didn't even read my post where I gave the numbers, since you threw out 80.
The math came out to 68 with Jake's usage. 9 points back of Jake's average of 77 in 82.

Career high of 63 points with no PP1 you mean. Dishonest of you to ignore that.
Also convenient that you're not mentioning that he plays 3.5 fewer minutes per game than Jake in their careers.

You care more about getting an edge on a user than doing proper analysis. But I don't care about that at all. I'm here for hockey talk.
I'm not supporting Bunting because he's my fav player. He's simply an excellent winger, and I'm bringing that to light cuz ppl are sleeping on it.
He's definitely a tier above Rakell, Zucker, Kapanen, DOC from last year, etc...

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Guentzal is a complementary player, yet people talk about him like he's an elite play driver. He floated around getting into position, didn't backcheck and in his last year here he barely drove the net. He only ever skated 100% when he saw an empty net.

When Guentzal left, he also took the culture of stat padding and soft play with him. Bunting brought a lot more and it had an affect on everyone around him. The Pens players didn't suddenly become better and there wasn't a drastic coaching change towards the end of lastseason. It was what guys like Bunting and DOC brought in prominant roles on the team.

The Pens still need an elite playdriver on the team. That role can still and should be Karlssonn, but it could never have been Guentzal.

Reactions: Fordy

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
The problem is assuming a rate stays constant as the sample increases. It likely doesn’t.
Depends on the size of the sample at the time of analysis. For 1 season samples, sure.

In Bunting's case he's stabilizing at a high level through 268 games. 60+ points is very much a possibility with the right conditions.
Calling him a top 15-20 left winger in the league is totally justified atm imo.
What's most encouraging is that he's done it with 4 different teams, with different linemates.
Even his low point wasn't low. That was a 49 point pace in Carolina over 82 games, and there was some 4th line usage mixed in there.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
1727824927257.png

Since he entered the league.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
It's just pre-season but I honestly like the PP unit more without Karlsson on it.

Letang keeps it simpler and is more willing to shoot it than Karlsson is.
Eh, I think it's more the down-low-play that seems to be a little more dangerous, though they still have a lot of work to do to convince me it's better. I don't think Letang's presence changes much.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Weird how everyone that told me Koivunen was a top prospect in Carolina’s system is suddenly silent after he looks like absolute dog shit here.
I don't think he looks bad, but he hasn't impressed or wowed. I thought he might be able to challenge for a spot, but I'm not surprised he's going to take some more time to develop now that he's fully in North America.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Not everyone is ready

And positivity is hard to come by with this team

But genuinely think this group of prospects has looked good so far.

Yeah Brunicke is the guy standing out the most in camp but I like what I've seen from basically all of the prospects. Each guy has flaws they need to work on but they look pretty good overall.

Excited to see what Broz, Koivunen, Ponomarev and McGroarty can do in WBS, definitely the most amount of young talent WBS has had in a good bit.

Reactions: akapidots

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Yep.

Gotta love 3 RH shots on PP1, then PP2 has all LH shooters. Hayes sets up on the RW wall feeding passes to 4 guys who cant one time a shot.
Yeah, I want Bunting on PP1. Park his ass in front of the net, let Rust, Malkin, and Crosby work around him with Karlsson up top.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
I don't think he looks bad, but he hasn't impressed or wowed. I thought he might be able to challenge for a spot, but I'm not surprised he's going to take some more time to develop now that he's fully in North America.
Yeah you can see the talent and the flaws. Will be interesting to see how he turns out

Ad

Ad

Ad