Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Talk | The Slow Crawl to the Season

Ceremony

How I choose to feel is how I am
Jun 8, 2012
Can I ask a question?

DO people still have it in them to support a turn around for Georgiev? Like if he started to light it up shortly, would we be behind him, or has he burnt your faith entirely?

For the record, I'm really hoping and rooting for him to turn things around. He has my absolute and full support (but that doesn't mean I don't think things could be better from him right now).

Everything is crossed for a Return of the Georgiev (episode 5).

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
Can I ask a question?

DO people still have it in them to support a turn around for Georgiev? Like if he started to light it up shortly, would we be behind him, or has he burnt your faith entirely?

For the record, I'm really hoping and rooting for him to turn things around. He has my absolute and full support (but that doesn't mean I don't think things could be better from him right now).

Hey, Eagles. Nice to see you posting. 😊

I believe that Avs fans will certainly support a turned around good-playing Giorgiev.

Will they trust him? That’s a different question. My guess is no.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Can I ask a question?

There is too much evidence of him being this type of goalie to believe in a turnaround. Any good play wouldn't last.

The Avs simply need to cut bait and find someone else.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Gibson hasn’t been good in years unfortunately. I would rather Jake Allen, and I knew the Avs were sniffing around on him last year.
Allen can't be a starter.

I agree on Gibson, you don't trade for a goalie that is as broken as Georgiev but has 3 years under contract instead of 1. Same logic applies to trading for Elvis.

The only good thing about Georgiev, compared to all these other mentally broken goalies, is that his contract is ending at the end of the season.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Have we trades for Gibson yet?

Can I ask a question?

Nah f*** him. George sucks. This scenario is unrealistic because even if he gets hot for a few games, you just know he's gonna drop the ball right after.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Gibson hasn’t been good in years unfortunately. I would rather Jake Allen, and I knew the Avs were sniffing around on him last year.
No goalie they can get will be a safe bet. There is no Markstrom-type out there who’s made it clear they want out (and even Markstrom himself has red flags).

I agree that Gibson would be a gigantic risk. I’m not pounding the table for him. But there is no ideal solution to be had either.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
No goalie they can get will be a safe bet. There is no Markstrom-type out there who’s made it clear they want out (and even Markstrom himself has red flags).

I agree that Gibson would be a gigantic risk. I’m not pounding the table for him. But there is no ideal solution to be had either.
Give me Blackwood over Gibson any day of the week. At least if it doesn't work he's UFA at the end of the season just like Georgiev. Also Blackwood's cap hit is only 2.5M as opposed to Gibson's 3.2M at 50% retained.

700k is a big deal for the Avs

Reactions: Alienblood

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
Can I ask a question?

We saw Georgiev's best 2 seasons ago. Unfortunately, even then he wasn't able to outplay Grubauer in the playoffs (who was out for revenge)

His play since then has just been putrid for the most part, and even when he's on it's always 'how long can it last?'

The last thing you want/need from a goaltender is mental weakness. Look at how cool Annunen is back there, just a calming presence. No matter how well Georgiev plays I have no faith that it will continue for any length of time.

I would waive him and run with Annunen-Kahkonen until you're forced to make a trade

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
It's not a conversation. Ritchie hasn't added much offensive production and has been a mystery defensively.

You unfortunately bring up a Wagner/Tynan to replace him after his 9th game. Let Cal make all the NHL money possible prior to returning to Oshawa then let him go kill the OHL.
This is when the Lavoie claim would've been handy.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Do y'all think there is any chance CMac can sneak Georgiev through the wire?

1. No sneaking necessary. You could scream from the rooftops that he’s on waiver and no team in the league would pick him up.

2. Why would we even want him to clear? Isn’t the dream for somebody to take that $3.5m problem off our hands? I wouldn’t even want him with the Eagles, his shitty attitude would be a terrible influence to have around the kids.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
1. No sneaking necessary. You could scream from the rooftops that he’s on waiver and no team in the league would pick him up.

2. Why would we even want him to clear? Isn’t the dream for somebody to take that $3.5m problem off our hands? I wouldn’t even want him with the Eagles, his shitty attitude would be a terrible influence to have around the kids.
My particular sense of moronic humor is not hitting tonight. I couldn't give two shits what happens to Georgiev, I just don't want to see him on the ice for the Avs again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad