Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Talk | The Slow Crawl to the Season

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Anaheim is making room for their young players, they have a ton. They even have Troy Terry playing on the 3rd line these days.

No way in Hell they are taking like 3 contracts from the Avs :laugh:

They don't need guys like Wood, Colton or Girard.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Oh yeah, putting Terry on the 3rd line to make room for young kids like Alex Killorn and Robby Fabbri.
Are we taking Fabbri and Killorn back in your scenario if we send Wood and Colton?

Because if not there are gonna be there still

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Just get Gibson for George, take the shot Gibson will do his job. The other hasn't come close. See if you can pay for some retention. 1M, something.

Don't make it complicated

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
It's kind of crazy just how quickly the Avs' pro scouting staff is losing the good will they rightfully earned for so many years. Georgie, Wood, Colton, Kylington, Brannstrom, Prosvetov, Kivi, Johansen, Tatar, Jones, Olofsson...just L after L after L in the most crucial time of this core's window. Thank God Mitts looks like a good call at least.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
It's kind of crazy just how quickly the Avs' pro scouting staff is losing the good will they rightfully earned for so many years. Georgie, Wood, Colton, Kylington, Brannstrom, Prosvetov, Kivi, Johansen, Tatar, Jones, Olofsson...just L after L after L in the most crucial time of this core's window. Thank God Mitts looks like a good call at least.
You take that back!

I for one am actually thankful we've got Kivi. Could you imagine how much worse we'd be if it was another of the AHL slugs up here eating his minutes?

nammerus

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site

It has been absolute dog shit for awhile. Basically matches our amateur scouting now.

Looks like the 1-2 year run of competence they had was a complete fluke. Luckily it was enough for a cup

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
It has been absolute dog shit for awhile. Basically matches our amateur scouting now.

Looks like the 1-2 year run they had was a complete fluke. Luckily it was enough for a cup
One thing to keep in mind, is that during that 1-2 year run, we also had more cap space and better trade chips available.

I simply can't take my anger out on the pro scouts for this mess. I mean, does anyone really believe one of our pro scouts walked into CMac's office and started beating his desk demanding RyJo? I'm not sure just how strongly any of them recommended a PTO, maybe they could have done more the try and get better PTOs, but really the last work they did was at the deadline last season and we were all pretty happy with both them and CMac at the time (not nearly as many people had vocally pulled the plug on Georgiev by the deadline last season as had by training camp this season).

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
I like Ross Colton, but he simply just hasn't fit in well here and he's earning too much for that to be the case.

He'd be coveted by many teams and even though it might be more difficult to move him with his new NTC I still think we could find a deal. I could see him being attached to Georgie for cap purposes or dealt in a corresponding move once another G is brought in. Team clearly needs a shakeup.

Sucks Behrens is hurt all year. I still can't fathom why they went after both Kylington and Brannstrom for the bottom pair when Kovacevic was right there.

And for gods sake get Chris Wagner out of the NHL. Pick up someone off waivers, call-up a youngster with some enthusiasm. This guy is just a warm body

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad