Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Talk | The Slow Crawl to the Season

GoNordiquesGo

Oct 1, 2016
Montreal, Quebec
Swayman got exactly the Sorokin contract. which kind of makes sense... I wonder which side caused all that trouble. Was it Swayman wanting way more than that or Boston offering way less. Or maybe both sides were always close but hard feelings from last get together preventing them from bridging the gap...?

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Swayman got exactly the Sorokin contract. which kind of makes sense... I wonder which side caused all that trouble. Was it Swayman wanting way more than that or Boston offering way less. Or maybe both sides were always close but hard feelings from last get together preventing them from bridging the gap...?

Does it matter? There were moron fans saying that Swayman was gonna walk to UFA or gonna sit out half the season. Turns out, he basically got the contract boston thought was fair.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
So according to Puckpedia if we reactivate Nuke in November we'll have only 2.85M of cap space to reactivate Landy which is nowhere near enough (unless he doesn't come back until the deadline).

This doesn't make sense, because when we looked at calculations this past summer we discovered Nichushkin's suspension would make it very close to the cap compliance while 92 was already on the roster activated.

Now all of a sudden we are 4+ million away?

I feel like someone has calculated things incorrectly.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
This doesn't make sense, because when we looked at calculations this past summer we discovered Nichushkin's suspension would make it very close to the cap compliance while 92 was already on the roster activated.

Now all of a sudden we are 4+ million away?

I feel like someone has calculated things incorrectly.
One of Friedman or Seravalli (can't remember who it was) also said recently that the Avs would be in cap trouble if both Landy and Nuke are coming back...I brushed it off but now Puckpedia is saying the same thing and they are in the business of calculating cap space.

Could it be our board that was wrong?

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Does Puckpedia not believe nuke's contract is prorated due to his suspension?
I don't know but since he should come back early next month it won't be a 4.15M relief for sure. His total cap hit is 6.12M for the whole year.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Nuke is a daily cap hit at the >6 rate. From the point (he and others) are activated, they have to be on pace to be compliant. Today (and sending some guys down) should get them there. It’ll be tight though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad