Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Talk | The Slow Crawl to the Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Swayman is screwing himself.
I don’t see how… he’s going to get paid and isn’t really losing anything here.

God I hope Swayman asks out of Boston lol.

I'd toss them Mikko + Ritchie + 1st to make shit happen then punt Georgiev to Siberia.
I don’t think I’d go that far, but Swayman is what @Balthazar thinks Askarov is. Elite goalie who can win plenty of games on his own.

Reactions: missionAvs

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida

I don’t think I’d go that far, but Swayman is what @Balthazar thinks Askarov is. Elite goalie who can win plenty of games on his own.

Complete hypothetical but what do you think the package would look like from the Avs taking salary caps into consideration?

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004

Hes losing money if he doesnt play games and he loses leverage if Korpisalo plays well under their system.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Hes losing money if he doesnt play games and he loses leverage if Korpisalo plays well under their system.
He's losing money if he signs for 64m today. Boston has tried to lowball him throughout and the fact that they went all the way through arbitration last summer shows that. Anything under 9 is savings from where he should be. I don't blame Boston for trying to get him cheaper, but Swayman has every right to get paid. Boston made the stupid move last summer not locking him up when it would have been way cheaper.

Korpi could play amazing and it wouldn't matter. Everyone knows he's not a legit #1G and nobody is going to bank on him. He's a 1B at best.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
He's losing money if he signs for 64m today. Boston has tried to lowball him throughout and the fact that they went all the way through arbitration last summer shows that. Anything under 9 is savings from where he should be. I don't blame Boston for trying to get him cheaper, but Swayman has every right to get paid. Boston made the stupid move last summer not locking him up when it would have been way cheaper.

Korpi could play amazing and it wouldn't matter. Everyone knows he's not a legit #1G and nobody is going to bank on him. He's a 1B at best.

Hes gonna sign for 64 or less. Probably less imo if he sits out reg season games.

I hope he gets his money but goalies coming out of Boston are not who id pay money for. Just like Grubs has screwed Seattle so badly.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Hes gonna sign for 64 or less. Probably less imo if he sits out reg season games.

I hope he gets his money but goalies coming out of Boston are not who id pay money for. Just like Grubs has screwed Seattle so badly.
If he was going to sign for less, it would have been done by now.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
If Boston thinks he was worth more, they would have given it to him by now.
Both parties are just utilizing their leverage they have. In nearly all of these instances, they meet in the middle. Which means Boston will go above 64m and Swayman will come down from his ask.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Goalies are not worth near that kind of capital imo. I wouldn’t do Mikko alone for Swayman.

Boston's best move would be to trade Swayman while his value is high. If they were ruthless like Vegas, they would.

Both parties are just utilizing their leverage they have. In nearly all of these instances, they meet in the middle. Which means Boston will go above 64m and Swayman will come down from his ask.

No, i think the 64M is the final offer cause Neely' already exposed it to the media. Its a tactic to get the fans on the teams side cause 64M is not a poor offer. Its to accelerate this negotiation to a conclusion. Swayman is overplaying his hand imo.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

I'd go that far. Elite 1C, elite 1D, elite goalie, some depth pieces up front and on the back end, Swayman covering up for shortcomings.

F*** ya bud. Inject it into me. Slap it into some pizza.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Boston's best move would be to trade Swayman while his value is high. If they were ruthless like Vegas, they would.

No, i think the 64M is the final offer cause Neely' already exposed it to the media. Its a tactic to get the fans on the teams side cause 64M is not a poor offer. Its to accelerate this negotiation to a conclusion. Swayman is overplaying his hand imo.
Boston needs an elite goalie because they don't have enough depth anymore. They aren't built to win without great goaltending.

We've seen things play out in the media before like this. We're heading down the path of ~68-70m with heavy signing bonuses.

I'd go that far. Elite 1C, elite 1D, elite goalie, some depth pieces up front and on the back end, Swayman covering up for shortcomings.

F*** ya bud. Inject it into me. Slap it into some pizza.

I do think Swayman would cover up a lot of the issues here, and I'd welcome him with open arms. That is just a lot to give up.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I haven't seen a club openly call out its own players as Boston has done with Swayman. However, I can see some of their frustration. 8x8 is very fair IMHO, especially considering goalers get paid less than other positions. Swayman has every right to ask for what he wants though, but you'd be hard press to find many teams wanting to pay him 10 million except rebuilding teams with a ton of cap space.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Complete hypothetical but what do you think the package would look like from the Avs taking salary caps into consideration?
Rantanen $9.25M (UFA after this season)
Georgiev $3.4M (UFA after this season)

For

Marchand $6.125 (UFA after this season)
Swayman RFA

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I haven't seen a club openly call out its own players as Boston has done with Swayman. However, I can see some of their frustration. 8x8 is very fair IMHO, especially considering goalers get paid less than other positions. Swayman has every right to ask for what he wants though, but you'd be hard press to find many teams wanting to pay him 10 million except rebuilding teams with a ton of cap space.
Teams on the precipice are the teams that would be wise to look into it... the Montreal/Buffalo/Philly/Utahs of the world. A deal will get done here though Boston needs Swayman to fulfil their goals this season (and even with him they won't reach that level).

Reactions: S E P H

GoNordiquesGo

Oct 1, 2016
Montreal, Quebec
The goalie benchmark is much harder to assess than the players', due to a smaller population...
You can easily argue that Price's $10.5M is the unicorn to dismiss and Bobrovsky's $10M was on the UFA market and a mistake to be dismissed also, since he wasn't good for almost the first half of the contract.

Then you get to Vasy's at $9.5M, but starting a while ago in 2020, so + inflation. But he's a double Cup winner so arguably not a proper comparable either.

That brings you to Hellebuyck at $8.5M and Sorokin at $8.25M, both starting this year. Then you have a huge drop. So somewhere between $8M and $9M seems reasonable, with $9M being very generous IMHO. I'd be surprised if this gets over Hellebuyck's $8.5M. Probably over Sorokin, but not over him would be my guess.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
The goalie benchmark is much harder to assess than the players', due to a smaller population...
You can easily argue that Price's $10.5M is the unicorn to dismiss and Bobrovsky's $10M was on the UFA market and a mistake to be dismissed also, since he wasn't good for almost the first half of the contract.

Then you get to Vasy's at $9.5M, but starting a while ago in 2020, so + inflation. But he's a double Cup winner so arguably not a proper comparable either.

That brings you to Hellebuyck at $8.5M and Sorokin at $8.25M, both starting this year. Then you have a huge drop. So somewhere between $8M and $9M seems reasonable, with $9M being very generous IMHO. I'd be surprised if this gets over Hellebuyck's $8.5M. Probably over Sorokin, but not over him would be my guess.
Around Hellebuyck and Sorokin make sense... I'd say the closer to 8, the higher the chance the term is shorter. IE 8.25 might only be for ~4 years, but 8.5 probably gets 7 or 8... 8.75 most certainly gets 8.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad