Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Talk | The Slow Crawl to the Season

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Less about a comparison to last year and more about what is needed to be a high end contending team. If the cards fall perfectly... Nuke clean, surgeries all leaving players 100%, Mitts adjusting well, Landy coming back, Colton getting a brain transplant... it could be fine or even good. With where it should be expected though, it probably isn't good enough.

Yeah, we've seen how much this team struggles without Nuke in the lineup. I'm hopeful a full year of Mittelstadt will alleviate that a bit but even then and even with a healthy Landeskog, there still isn't anyone who does what Nichushkin can do.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
No Kyllington thread(Or is it made by someone I have on ignore lol)?

Really good signing but I also feel it creates more cap questions.

I saw an avenue for them to get compliant by the time Nuke was ready to return on November 14th... Not sure I see that avenue now.

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
I’ve heard a couple people speculate on Kadri to Avs including Pagnotta, would be a very interesting move that would certainly require Girard going the other way.

Avs forward depth would be very good come playoff time with Kadri as the 3C

Reactions: BrickNHL

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
I’ve heard a couple people speculate on Kadri to Avs including Pagnotta, would be a very interesting move that would certainly require Girard going the other way.

Avs d-depth would be shit though. Makar-Toews-Manson and a bunch of high-risk/high reward guys who didnt even play a full season in the NHL last year.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

No way is that happening. Makes no sense for either team for a number of reasons.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I certainly wouldn't include Girard to get Kadri, nor would it be required(Wtf).

Now, if they could find a way to swing Nichushkin for Kadri... That I would be very interested. I wonder how many 1st round picks we'd have to add to Val to get Kadri @50% retention.

Drouin - Mack - Lehky
Colton - Mitts - Mikko
Landy - Kadri - LOC
Wood - Kovalenko(?) - Kelly
Wagner/Kiviranta

Toews - Makar
Girard - Manson
Kylington - De Haan
Brannstrom

George/Annunen

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
I certainly wouldn't include Girard to get Kadri, nor would it be required(Wtf).

Now, if they could find a way to swing Nichushkin for Kadri... That I would be very interested. I wonder how many 1st round picks we'd have to add to Val to get Kadri @50% retention.

Drouin - Mack - Lehky
Colton - Mitts - Mikko
Landy - Kadri - LOC
Wood - Kovalenko(?) - Kelly
Wagner/Kiviranta

Toews - Makar
Girard - Manson
Kylington - De Haan
Brannstrom

George/Annunen
Ritchie++

I don't want to give Ritchie up at all anymore.

Reactions: cccoltsicehockey

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Our Defense does look... Weirdly deep. And by that I mean, the fact you have Brannstrom or Kylington as probably the 7th D seems crazy, with Malinski as the #8 guy now presumably, and even an addition like MacDonald even further down the charts. It would make you think another move is coming to send someone out, but then you look at the full Defense from top to bottom and nobody makes any sense at all to be moved. They only have 2 RD on the main roster now with Cale/Manson, so cant imagine Manson moving, he's also really the only physical guy we have in that group(Plenty of guys that aren't soft, but not exactly looking to take heads like Manson does)... Then you could look at Girard... But the thing is Kylington, De Haan, and Brannstrom are potentially solid 3rd pairing guys but would likely look like disasters any higher up the lineup. So cant really see G being moved either.

But having a #5/6/7 rotation of CDH/Brannstrom/Kylington seems really high end. It does fit with the Avs seemingly valuing defensive depth exceptionally high, much higher then forward depth, for better or worse.

If Kylington and/or Brannstrom can play to the levels they have shown glimpses of in the past, and do it for a full year, we could have a Defense arguably better then what we had last year.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
We should value forward depth more because MacK and Rants will be done for the season around game seventy next season after they have played the most minutes per game by forwards..

Repeat of mistake. I couldn't give a rat ass about Hart Trophy if it means crappy playoffs. Playoffs should be our goal. We let Edmonton make the finals. That can't happen again.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Ritchie++

I don't want to give Ritchie up at all anymore.

Meh... If Ritchie gets us a piece that truly moves the needle for the next couple of years, I'd still move him.

He himself is probably not even on the roster until 2025/26. Even then he's likely bottom 6 or a weak spot in the Top 6. Probably not going to add much to the roster that year. By the time he's maybe an impact guy for us, basically all of our core guys are well past the prime years and into the 30s. Not really gonna be contender anymore anyway.

I'm move any piece that isn't on the current roster if it gives us a piece that would be a legitimate boost to what we have now. And I think Kadri would do exactly that. Besides the on ice product of still being a legit 60+ point guy, I think he'd do so much for the locker room as well. Provide a big spark.

We should value forward depth more because MacK and Rants will be done for the season around game seventy next season after they have played the most minutes per game by forwards..

Repeat of mistake. I couldn't give a rat ass about Hart Trophy if it means crappy playoffs. Playoffs should be our goal. We let Edmonton make the finals. That can't happen again.

Agreed. To me both Edmonton and Florida this year kind of showed you dont need an elite defensive group to have success. Just need role players that play those roles well.

But you do need really good forward depth. Avs do not have that right now. Even if Landy miraculously came back at 100% as a legit 60+ point Top 6 forward and Nuke came back clean and mean as before... Forward group would still be lacking on the 4th line in particular.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto

No no no. We need to forget about Kadri. He is too old. Find new Kadri. His contract will kill us. We already have Landy and Nuke contracts as a boat sinker. We don't need another one.

It's like signing over the hill Foote, Forsberg.. good memories and all but it's time to move on. We need to think the future not the past.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
No no no. We need to forget about Kadri. He is too old. Find new Kadri. His contract will kill us. We already have Landy and Nuke contracts as a boat sinker. We don't need another one.
We already did. His name is Mittelstadt.

With Mitts and Colton down the middle we have 0 need for Kadri and his awful contract.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
We already did. His name is Mittelstadt.

With Mitts and Colton down the middle we have 0 need for Kadri and his awful contract.
It's been too long summer. Totally forgot we have Mitts now haha.

We need some forward depth though.. we better pray Ritchie works out for us. Now.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

It's like signing over the hill Foote, Forsberg.. good memories and all but it's time to move on. We need to think the future not the past.

Kadri at 50% would be amazing. I also don't really care about the length of the contract. We already have boat anchors that will prohibit this team from being competitive after ~2-3 more years. Another one in Kadri wouldn't make a difference.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
It’s crazy to think that there’s a world where we ice:

Nichuskin-MacKinnon-Drouin
Lehkonen-Mittelstadt-Rantanen
Landeskog-Ritchie-O’Connor
Wood-Colton-Kovalenko

Toews-Makar
Girard-Manson
Kylington-Brannstrom/DeHaan

And could be under the cap if Nichuskin’s proration works out. Yes that is running a team with no extras, but perhaps they only keep one healthy scratch for the start of the season to help accrue as much cap space as possible.

Reactions: shadow1

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
It’s crazy to think that there’s a world where we ice:

Nichuskin-MacKinnon-Drouin
Lehkonen-Mittelstadt-Rantanen
Landeskog-Ritchie-O’Connor
Wood-Colton-Kovalenko

Toews-Makar
Girard-Manson
Kylington-Brannstrom/DeHaan

And could be under the cap if Nichuskin’s proration works out. Yes that is running a team with no extras, but perhaps they only keep one healthy scratch for the start of the season to help accrue as much cap space as possible.
The hilarity of this team's opening lineup potentially being

Drouin - MacKinnon - Rantanen
Wood - Mittelstadt - Kovalenko
Kiviranta - Colton - O'Connor
Kelley - Wagner - Foudy

Toews - Makar
Girard - Manson
Kylington - DeHaan

With Landeskog, Lehkonen, and Nichushkin all unable to play. Hell, maybe throw LOC in there too and we have a random ass Ondrej Pavel appearance lol.

• Haha

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto

Kelley - Wagner - Foudy

Toews - Makar
Girard - Manson
Kylington - DeHaan

With Landeskog, Lehkonen, and Nichushkin all unable to play. Hell, maybe throw LOC in there too and we have a random ass Ondrej Pavel appearance lol.

MacK for the Hart again, because that's what this team would need to make the playoffs.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

Kelley - Wagner - Foudy
Wood and Kovalenko in the top 6 🤢

That 4th line 🤮

Last edited:

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta

Kelley - Wagner - Foudy

Toews - Makar
Girard - Manson
Kylington - DeHaan

Call me crazy, but I’m actually excited to see what we have in some of the players we’ve written off or are about to write off. Now it’ll never happen, butI would love to see some of the young guys gets a true sink or float shot and run some insane lines of:

Kovy-MacK-Drouin
Olausson-Mitts-Rants
Colton-Ritchie-Wood
Kelly-Ivan-Foudy

Out: Lehk, Landy, Nuke, LOC

I know seeing OO on the second line will likely end up a failed experiment, but he would be placed with two playmakers who can cycle the puck. If ever he had a chance to make it as a top 6 player, that would be the line. Kovy, while likely an NHL player, gets a shot to become Lehkonen asap (likely becomes a bottom 6 version). Ritchie is the guy most likely to make the squad as ann impact player and putting Colton in his wing would allow for someone to help with faceoffs. The linemates might not necessarily fit his style of play, but they would definitely stick up for him. Finally, we let Ivan get the chance to be a 4th line buzz saw.

Ad

Upcoming events

• France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,632.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Israel vs Italy
    Israel vs Italy
    Wagers: 8
    Staked: $30,594.00