Prospect Info: 2024-2025 Rangers Prospects Thread (Prospect Stats in Post #1)

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Othmann strikes me as a guy who will score more goals in the NHL than the A. He has a wicked shot and gets open. If he's got a Laf or Gabe finding him... whoo boy.
One of the things that hampered him this season was the lack of creative players (centers) that could get him the puck in good positions. I thought in the latter half if the year he was more aggressive in driving to the net rather than hanging in the perimeter to wait for a long distance shot. I agree with your thought.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Not sure if my last comment was deleted or just didn’t go through, but does anyone here have any insight on how Adam Sykora has performed since being drafted? Stats in the AHL seem decent for an 18 year old whose calling card was never his point-producing ability.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Not sure if my last comment was deleted or just didn’t go through, but does anyone here have any insight on how Adam Sykora has performed since being drafted? Stats in the AHL seem decent for an 18 year old whose calling card was never his point-producing ability.

He was impressive last year for the most part in the AHL as the youngest player in the league. Defensively and speed wise he fits already in that league. There were times he was out muscled a bit but not as much as you would expect for a smaller forward at his age who doesn’t shy away from the tough areas of the ice.

Attitude wise he’s the type of guy who I wouldn’t be surprised to see wear a letter in the future. He also has endless energy.

I’d say the organization is pretty high on him and for good reason. He projects probably as a 3rd line high energy guy but depending on how it goes this year, that could push up a line.

Between him and Berard, the team has ample undersized high energy guys who are likely to be a PIA to play against. Think Conor Garland for playing style.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
He was impressive last year for the most part in the AHL as the youngest player in the league. Defensively and speed wise he fits already in that league. There were times he was out muscled a bit but not as much as you would expect for a smaller forward at his age who doesn’t shy away from the tough areas of the ice.

Attitude wise he’s the type of guy who I wouldn’t be surprised to see wear a letter in the future. He also has endless energy.

I’d say the organization is pretty high on him and for good reason. He projects probably as a 3rd line high energy guy but depending on how it goes this year, that could push up a line.

Between him and Berard, the team has ample undersized high energy guys who are likely to be a PIA to play against. Think Conor Garland for playing style.

That’s great to hear, definitely lines up with everything I’ve seen of him pre-draft. It’s especially impressive when you consider he was like a week from being eligible for this year’s draft.

The good news is the Rangers don’t seem to need the depth up front immediately, so he should have plenty of time to marinate in the AHL. I heard he played bottom-6 most of this year, do you expect his role to be expanded this year in Hartford?

Garland is an interesting comparable, Lehkonen is a high end comparison I like if everything goes right. Rags likely got a good one here.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: RangersFan1994

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad