Prospect Info: 2024-2025 Rangers Prospects Thread (Prospect Stats in Post #1; Updated 10/13/2024)

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
Was there a clip of his near-assist posted anywhere?

I checked twitter and couldn't find one.

If anyone reading this has the ability to upload a clip from the game, it happened when there was 9:57 remaining in the 2nd period.

I just watched the play again. Perreault carrying the puck through the neutral zone with a good amount of speed, he makes a quick deke by a player at the blue line and then ends up pulling this unconventional-looking stickhandle/deke moving the puck between his legs to create space and then he does a spin around pass to feed a teammate in the slot where that scoring opportunity just got broken up with a stick check from a defender.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Harbour Dog

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
At this point if these guys score on the PP, I don't even count it.

I still think Perreault is an ideal player to put with Trocheck and Laf. I doubt they will do something that smart though.

Hopefully these guys keep up the hot starts.

Mugless

Aug 26, 2004
Perrault dropped in the draft due to size and speed concerns. Skating looks perfectly fine to me. EliteProspects listed him at 165 lbs. when he was drafted. BC now lists him at 178 lbs. Add 9 lbs. and he'll be the same size as Cally with more skill.

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
Perrault dropped in the draft due to size and speed concerns. Skating looks perfectly fine to me. EliteProspects listed him at 165 lbs. when he was drafted. BC now lists him at 178 lbs. Add 9 lbs. and he'll be the same size as Cally with more skill.
Yeah, in hindsight about 20 teams are going to be kicking themselves.
His skating issues were always overblown, and he’s just getting better. He was undersized partly due to being one of the youngest in the draft. He’ll be fine in that area. We lucked out getting him. Kind of makes up for Kakko not near living up to his 2OA pedigree.

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
someone mentioned Giroux as a comp - a guy who also fell ton22 for size concerns.

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad