Prospect Info: 2024-2025 Rangers Prospects Thread (Prospect Stats in Post #1; Updated 10/13/2024)

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Aspinall had 1+1 and is up to 3+3 in 7 games this year with a +4 and 16 SOG. Rangers continuing to exploit the market inefficiency, drafting gigantic guys with some amount of skill.

Boilard is still playing, but is scoreless and off to a slow start at 1-2-3 in 7 games including today's.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Would be amazing, however...He's an Avid Isles fan. So if he went that route it would be with them, not with the Rangers.

Opportunity and fit matters a ton when it
Comes to stuff like this.

These guys want to pick their spot and also slot themselves into a situation where they can have the best chance at a massive second contract coming off of their ELC. Fandom rarely plays a role.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Laba is really solid in his own end, I'd hate it if they don't at least give him a chance to stick at center.
He’s more likely to start at the wing when he gets to NYR but Chytil’s in his second year of a 4 year contract now that could leave a spot open when time for a new contract comes.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Opportunity and fit matters a ton when it
Comes to stuff like this.

These guys want to pick their spot and also slot themselves into a situation where they can have the best chance at a massive second contract coming off of their ELC. Fandom rarely plays a role.
Rarely plays a role?
John Tavares after saying he wanted to stay on LI couldn't pass up the opportunity to play with his childhood team.
Adam Fox, Kevin Shattenkirk forced their way to the NY Rangers.
Elais Lindholm was a huge Bruins fan. Plenty of places wanted him
Terasenko grew up a Red Wings fan. he signed there.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Rarely plays a role?
John Tavares after saying he wanted to stay on LI couldn't pass up the opportunity to play with his childhood team.

Almost all of those guys were UFAs with NHL experience. Tarasenko and his fandom signed in Ottawa year prior because the money was there. Shattenkirk didn’t force his way anywhere, he was a UFA.

How many college UFAs going into their ELCs picked their spot? Rangers traded for Fox before that became a thing for him. These kids want their money ASAP.

If fandom played a role, Hayes and Vesey would have been Bruins out of college.

Reactions: Amazing Kreiderman

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Rarely plays a role?
Apart from what GoAwayPanarin wrote, you've mentioned a handful of cases among thousands of players and signings. I think that would qualify it as rare.

Hagens is very likely to go 1st overall. Lindros is the only 1st overall player I can recall who refused to play for his draft team, and that had nothing to do with his fandom.

Yes, for some players, fandom plays a role, but it is very seldom the only or even most important reason behind where they sign. For most players, money, living conditions and winning trump any emotional ties they may have to a particular team.

Reactions: Ranger Ric

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I remember a lot of people (or a small number of loud people) speculating that Kreider wouldn't sign here because he would instead go the free agency route and sign in Boston.

That stuff very rarely happens. Very rarely. If guys go the UFA route it's almost always because they want to pick an organization they think is a better fit for them, which could mean it's better run, known for better player development, has some immediate openings for them, etc. The fandom thing, is very rarely a thing.

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
guys i wasn't really serious about the Hagens thing

If anyone chooses to spurn their draft team and force their way to NYR, let's hope that Häagens-Dazs

Reactions: bhamill

CTRanger

N9Y4R
Jun 20, 2006
The Gold Coast
I remember a lot of people (or a small number of loud people) speculating that Kreider wouldn't sign here because he would instead go the free agency route and sign in Boston.

That stuff very rarely happens. Very rarely. If guys go the UFA route it's almost always because they want to pick an organization they think is a better fit for them, which could mean it's better run, known for better player development, has some immediate openings for them, etc. The fandom thing, is very rarely a thing.
I remember the Kreider thing, and then of course it wasn’t a thing, everyone always says that’s gonna be a thing and then of course it’s hardly ever a thing.

Reactions: bhamill and nyr2k2

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
guys i wasn't really serious about the Hagens thing

If anyone chooses to spurn their draft team and force their way to NYR, let's hope that Häagens-Dazs
Yikes! Hahaha.

This is probably my favorite thread that I follow on this board. Very little DOOM. Lots of info and some optimism. Thanks guys!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad