Injury Report: 2024-2025 Injury Updates

Grate n Colorful Oz

The Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Another incoming shoulder surgery?

The injuries have made the last few years significantly less fun. It's kind of killing my interest in the rebuild and core players to be honest.

It's about to get better. If Mailloux becomes a regular and both Kapanen and Heinemoose stay-up, that will be 4 rookies integrated in the team this year. Next year, it will be Demidov along with 1-2 other players. The next 2-3 years will be its most transformative for the Habs. Hutson, Mailloux, Kapanen, Heinie, Demidov, Hage, Reinbacher, Bech, Dobes, Fowler and whoever else surprises or is drafted.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
It's about to get better. If Mailloux becomes a regular and both Kapanen and Heinemoose stay-up, that will be 4 rookies integrated in the team this year. Next year, it will be Demidov along with 1-2 other players. The next 2-3 years will be its most transformative for the Habs. Hutson, Mailloux, Kapanen, Heinie, Demidov, Hage, Reinbacher, Bech, Dobes, Fowler and whoever else surprises or is drafted.

I know the context is different and I too mostly believe in that group of prospect, but man reading this I cannot separate it from reading the exact same post about every group of prospect we've ever had

what years of disappointment will do to a human brain

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
I know the context is different and I too mostly believe in that group of prospect, but man reading this I cannot separate it from reading the exact same post about every group of prospect we've ever had

It shouldn’t be seen as disappointment. It just doesn’t happen to that extent. Teams very seldom if ever have that many graduating players all at once. No teams pool is THAT good that you can ice a team with that many rookies or young guys and be successful. You’re always going to need guys over 30.

Grate n Colorful Oz

The Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

I can, because their pedigree is different. We've never drafted top5 3 years in a row, so there's a lot more drafting power there compared to before. It's also from a different scouting team. The 2022 draft was just 2 years ago and they've already hit on both Slaf and Hutson from that draft. We've never drafted this much from this high before, so it's far from originating from the same MO or mold.

While I did pump Caufield's tires, I wasn't among the bunch overhyping every prospect. It takes me a lot to believe in a group of prospect. Despite this, I'm quite comfortable drafting high one last time.

Reactions: dinodebino

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
I can, because their pedigree is different. We've never drafted top5 3 years in a row, so there's a lot more drafting power there compared to before. It's also from a different scouting team. The 2022 draft was just 2 years ago and they've already hit on both Slaf and Hutson from that draft. We've never drafted this much from this high before, so it's far from originating from the same MO or mold.

While I did pump Caufield's tires, I wasn't among the bunch overhyping every prospect. It takes me a lot to believe in a group of prospect. Despite this, I'm quite comfortable drafting high one last time.

I know!

it's just PTSD, it'll pass someday

but i'm telling you this future core of Scherbak, Andrighetto, Carr, Hudon and De La Rose will cause a lot of headaches to other teams

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
These guys should all work on a lower base salary with performance bonuses. Maybe then we’ll see more production and fewer injuries. I guess I’m sort of joking? 😉 don’t take me too seriously. I’m just pissed at the whole situation. This was supposed to be a more productive season.

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
giphy.webp

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Good thing we changed out the athletic trainers before last season. It’s made a huge difference, hasn’t it?
They changed trainers and doctors but they never made things right with ol' lady Esmeralda who placed a curse on the Habs the day Molson bought the team (he squeezed ketchup all over her shawls during a hot dog demonstration).

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
They changed trainers and doctors but they never made things right with ol' lady Esmeralda who placed a curse on the Habs the day Molson bought the team (he squeezed ketchup all over her shawls during a hot dog demonstration).
Those dang gypsies can sure hold on to a grudge.

• Love
Reactions: the

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad