Injury Report: 2024-2025 Injury Updates

KFlint

Sep 27, 2010
Those athletes should learn that they can have a crazy low body fat and muscles and still have shit tendons and more… I’m guessing diet is a problem.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Guhle finished the game and is just in a day-to-day designation. I don't mind the abundance of caution. Matheson left and is playing on Saturday.

But it is comical - if injuries are why we get another year of high picks, then let's not look at a gift horse in the mouth.

Reactions: BLONG7 and Paddy17

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Embarrassing take. He was going to dump the puck in, what was he supposed to do there?
You'd think after getting rocked for the thousandth time, he would start reading and anticipating those situations better and roll with the hit.
PK could do it, Lane can do it. Slaf got better. It's a skill in itself.

Not like Kempe blindsided him.

Bottomshelf

Sep 16, 2019
Guhle finished the game and is just in a day-to-day designation. I don't mind the abundance of caution. Matheson left and is playing on Saturday.

But it is comical - if injuries are why we get another year of high picks, then let's not look at a gift horse in the mouth.
I am willing to bet Ghule has a hand injury, he was stretching it out after the hit

Paddy17

Apr 10, 2021

And might I add that this is NOT the year yet, and although we want to take a leap forward, it's still a transition year to move out of the rebuild. We're not supposed to be out of the rebuild yet.

Also, this is the year where we'll start to get some answers about our players, because we have an overabundance of them anyway, and they won’t all make it. It's part of the process, so no one needs to panic at the end of the year even if we're not "in the mix" and some players disappoint.

We're not even 10 games in, so we shouldn't even talk about that. Keep focusing on the process, and on improving over each week. Injuries happen to every team, and if we keep the mindset that we're cursed, we'll have selective bias and memory, and every injury will be treated like the end of the world. As long as they're not season-ending injuries, we should just accept them and move on. BAU.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
And might I add that this is NOT the year yet, and although we want to take a leap forward, it's still a transition year to move out of the rebuild. We're not supposed to be out of the rebuild yet.

Also, this is the year where we'll start to get some answers about our players, because we have an overabundance of them anyway, and they won’t all make it. It's part of the process, so no one needs to panic at the end of the year even if we're not "in the mix" and some players disappoint.

We're not even 10 games in, so we shouldn't even talk about that. Keep focusing on the process, and on improving over each week. Injuries happen to every team, and if we keep the mindset that we're cursed, we'll have selective bias and memory, and every injury will be treated like the end of the world. As long as they're not season-ending injuries, we should just accept them and move on. BAU.

Accepting this is the team for the full year is like accepting Calgary is the best team in the league.

Early season variance is wild.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
The Avs are winless, and we all know they are Cup cpntenders,so.......too early for any predictions at this point about anything....just too early.

Edmonton was dead and buried even deeper into the first month of the season last year, too.

That isn't to say this will or won't persist, just that making sweeping generalizations on anything right now is massively premature. Especially when it's like, we saw the top line produce and play way better than they are right now. These guys didn't just lose the ability to be a cohesive unit, they just aren't on the same page timing wise right now.

Reactions: BLONG7

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad