Injury Report: 2024-2025 Injury Updates

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
What does this mean?

Teams disclose injuries after EVERY injury once they've confirmed the extent of the injury.

That's how it works in ALL of sports.

They just did it this morning with Reinbacher lol
Teams don’t owe “fans” jackshit

Reactions: dinodebino

NineteenSixtyFive

Mar 7, 2016
Have we had any "fire the training staff/physio people" comments yet? If not, you guys are slipping. Obviously the issue is our team health and fitness department when knees get blow out. :sarcasm:

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
IIRC they never revealed Slafkovsky's injury

I don't think they're gonna say what the injury is precisely.
Not reveal the precise nature of injuries...just announce that he's injured.

this isn't anything new.

I'm not exactly sure informing us as to which half of the body incurred the damage meets my definition for transparency.
Of course not, they've never been *that* transparent, that's never changed.

I was just referring to announcing how long he's going to be out for.

They're not going to tell us what ligament was sprained, or severed, etc.

Correct...other than an announcement lol

Reactions: overlords

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
That’s right. If fans don’t like that, they have the option of not supporting the team. It’s very simple.
I hope you realize when I was talking about "the team being transparent with fans, when the extent of his injury has been become transparent to them", meant in terms of disclosing the amount of time he's going to be injured.

Not the specific injury and details of what was affected, etc.

I mean...not sure why this needs to be broken down, but just wanted to make that clear lol.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
This is worse news than Laine. A 19 year old missing important dev time like this is near catastrophe. It also changes management’s plans for next year, where they expected DR to join the team full time. This won’t be the case now. Means they will need to go the trade-UFA way for a RD, if they intended to be competitive next year. And it prolly means Guhle will play RD again. Sigh.
Mailloux missed more time and it doesn't seem to have derailed his career. I don't know about trading for an RD. Mailloux has looked better in pre-season than Reinbacher.

badfish

Habs fan in ON
Sponsor
Nov 12, 2005
ON
They don't "owe" anything to the fans, but as a business that offers an entertainment-based product, I am sure they recognize that their fans are pretty important stakeholders that deserve some level of transparency and engagement as part of both customer experience and providing value.

In other news I've watched too much Inside the Rebuild.

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
They don't "owe" anything to the fans, but as a business that offers an entertainment-based product, I am sure they recognize that their fans are pretty important stakeholders that deserve some level of transparency and engagement as part of both customer experience and providing value.

In other news I've watched too much Inside the Rebuild.
I agree with that.

Reactions: Gustave and badfish

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
The HFBoards Reinbacher telephone game with the Osgood-Schlatter's story turning into an ostensible track record of pre-existing severe knee issues on draft day akin to Lindstrom's back injury is incredible.

Same with the throwaway Hughes quote including "D2" morphing into "even Hughes thinks he's a 2nd pair D!!!!!!!"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad