Injury Report: 2024-2025 Injury Updates

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
BTW; Habs back to their old self not revealing shit until after the fact. Gorton could’ve said something yesterday on the Podcast because he obviously knew Rein would be going under the knife the next morning. They still haven’t said the extent of the damage ffs.

Same old same old Habs.
What GM reveals this kind of info on a podcast?

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Anyways waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Probably going to be announced right before game time.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Let's call this a disastrous situation....wow. One day, I hope this management team tells us the extent and what it says for the future not only based on that f***ing injury, but everything else he had before that...

what exactly is ' everything else he had before that' ? Next we'll be hearing that it was risky to take Demi because of his injury last year.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
This is f***ing stupid. It could just as easily happen to him. f*** off with this nonsense.
Issue is this....did he have issues to his knees before. So Leonard, Michkov whatever....but if you picked a kid for needs who already had knee issues and could be easily hurt that severe with such a nothing play...yeah...we wish we would have picked somebody else....It's never about eliminating a risk. It's about not running towards it....

what exactly is ' everything else he had before that' ? Next we'll be hearing that it was risky to take Demi because of his injury last year.
If he had issues on both of his knees prior to the draft, it's an issue.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Issue is this....did he have issues to his knees before. So Leonard, Michkov whatever....but if you picked a kid for needs who already had knee issues and could be easily hurt that severe with such a nothing play...yeah...we wish we would have picked somebody else....It's never about eliminating a risk. It's about not running towards it....

Yeah I’m sure they did their medical due diligence and said "you know what, let’s take the guy with two bad knees." Very much sounds like something this management group would do. Come on. You used to be way more levelheaded.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

So, go ahead and give us a report on what his issues were and what the risks were. You've been harping on it for a few posts, so surely you must be basing those posts on something.

Reactions: le_sean

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
This is worse news than Laine. A 19 year old missing important dev time like this is near catastrophe. It also changes management’s plans for next year, where they expected DR to join the team full time. This won’t be the case now. Means they will need to go the trade-UFA way for a RD, if they intended to be competitive next year. And it prolly means Guhle will play RD again. Sigh.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Are you asking a question or stating a fact?
I thought the ""IF'' part was enough....

So, go ahead and give us a report on what his issues were and what the risks were. You've been harping on it for a few posts, so surely you must be basing those posts on something.
Pretty sure in my post that I asked IF he had issues. And yeah....it could happen that management f*** it up. Them f***ing it up on that pick does not mean they f***ed it up on every pick. IF they f***ed up. Not sure why people are so defensive....

Are we about to ask me if I want Timmins back? lol

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City

Pretty sure in my post that I asked IF he had issues. And yeah....it could happen that management f*** it up. Them f***ing it up on that pick does not mean they f***ed it up on every pick. IF they f***ed up. Not sure why people are so defensive....

Except it doesn't read as a question at all and there's no question mark. That phrase can easily be read as a statement, which is why I asked.

'If I have two energy drinks this morning, I'll have heart palpitations'. See, not a question.

Reactions: Andrei79

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
This is worse news than Laine. A 19 year old missing important dev time like this is near catastrophe. It also changes management’s plans for next year, where they expected DR to join the team full time. This won’t be the case now. Means they will need to go the trade-UFA way for a RD, if they intended to be competitive next year. And it prolly means Guhle will play RD again. Sigh.
Slim pickings. Might as well re-sign Savard for a year or two, if no one wants to come over.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Yeah I’m sure they did their medical due diligence and said "you know what, let’s take the guy with two bad knees." Very much sounds like something this management group would do. Come on. You used to be way more levelheaded.
Well....I know that this management, for that particular pick, told us that IF HE WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN a right d-man, maybe we would have picked somebody else....something I will ALWAYS be against. And something I think most professionnals will be.

So maybe that NEED of a righty surpass the fear of the past injuries. We do know this...he had an injury last year. And now one this year. And we have read that he had knee issue also in the past which severity was uknown. I hope we learn more from it to know if that was true or not.

Except it doesn't read as a question at all and there's no question mark. That phrase can easily be read as a statement, which is why I asked.

'If I have two energy drinks this morning, I'll have heart palpitations'. See, not a question.
But mine wasn't a question. I'm not asking anybody to confirm me if he had injuries. It's an interrogation. Which is also not a fact. We read that he had injuries issues in the past to his knees....true or not. I hope we have the answer.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Let’s avoid getting mired in potshots and bickering. This is a very sad outcome for an otherwise promising summer.

I probably shouldn’t be saying this but I feel more and more that Reinbacher seems cursed. Between Price mangling his name and fans harassing him and his awful D+1 and knee injury and now another injury… if he makes it, it’ll already be a bit bittersweet.

Btw Reinbacher’s pre-existing condition is irrelevant and pretty much a non-factor. Osgood-Schlatter disease usually resolves itself as teens become adults.

Reactions: Treb and dinodebino

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
He did have Osgood-Schlatter disease, which can cause ongoing issues in I believe ~10% of patients after adolescence. Not sure what impact that would have on the prevalence of knee injuries going forward (especially since I don't believe we even know what Reinbacher received surgery for at the moment).

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
At this point it's not looking good for Reinbacher's NHL future. Constant knee injuries and his knee got destroyed from a nothing hit after only a few preseason games. I just can't see him holding up for an 82 game season in the NHL at this point.

Next draft we definitely need to target a center with our pick and a RHD with Calgary's.

Reactions: Gustave

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

Because you've been asking multiple times, keep referring to issues and literally called him a kid with damaged knees.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad