Injury Report: 2024-2025 Injury thread | HF’s Longest Thread Just Got Longer

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

:huh:
Dude is from Finland and wants to work in the US, how does Canadian holidays affect this process? Not like they need his Canadian visa (or anything from Immigration Canada) to issue a US visa/work permit.

Also the NHL HQ is in the US if they need anything from that side.

Immigration papers always take longer with the Avs. It does feel like they don't want to pay extra to get on the "fast line" like the other NHL teams.

Last edited:
Reactions: CobraAcesS

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
:huh:
Dude is from Finland and wants to work in the US, how does Canadian holidays affect this process? Not like they need his Canadian visa (or anything from Immigration Canada) to issue a US visa/work permit.

Also the NHL HQ is in the US if they need anything from that side.

Immigration papers always take longer with the Avs. It does feel like they don't want to pay extra to get on the "fast line" like the other NHL teams.
Because his last employer was Winnipeg maybe?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
It is a separate visa to be employed by a US based team. That processing takes a little bit of time. Also today is Columbus Day in the US, so that's more of the issue.

Reactions: Bill Peckerskull

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Yes. All Government offices are closed... although I did see the post man delivering mail earlier, which I thought was odd.
Its a weird holiday... it feels like most private industry doesn't celebrate it (though I find a lot of east coast companies do), and gov't keeps a lot of functions open but almost all of the offices are closed.

So that jackass not only commited genocide, but also screwed over our goalie situation. Yeah, f*** Columbus.

Well now we know he was Jewish, so this is anti-semitic. :sarcasm:

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
Seattle
Its a weird holiday... it feels like most private industry doesn't celebrate it (though I find a lot of east coast companies do), and gov't keeps a lot of functions open but almost all of the offices are closed.

Well now we know he was Jewish, so this is anti-semitic. :sarcasm:
I was really confused today when I started getting stock market updates.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad