Speculation: 2024-2025 General Lightning Discussion: Preseason Edition

Renopucker

Jan 17, 2019
Reno
Looks like the eye might come ashore south of the Bay. That'll be a big sigh for the Bay and all you north of the Skyway. Lets face it, Sarasota and south is gonna get whacked, no matter where the eye comes ashore. (ps, those reels of Sunset beach -KaTiki and Caddy's- were unbelievable). KaTiki is my fav dive/beach bar.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Friday's season opener in Carolina is a ESPN+/Hulu exclusive.
10/21's game against Toronto is on NHLN. Therefore, somehow not on ESPN+.
10/28's game against Nashville is a ESPN+/Hulu exclusive.
11/7 against Philadelphia is a ESPN+/Hulu exclusive.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Friday's season opener in Carolina is a ESPN+/Hulu exclusive.
10/21's game against Toronto is on NHLN. Therefore, somehow not on ESPN+.
10/28's game against Nashville is a ESPN+/Hulu exclusive.
11/7 against Philadelphia is a ESPN+/Hulu exclusive.
We need cable back in the worst imaginable way. You need 6 streaming services to watch anything

• Love
Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Jack Han's Hockey Tactics 2024 is 'pay what you want' today. As low as $1.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
So good to see Geekie making it out of camp, with him on the 3rd line our bottom 6 doesn't look that bad anymore

Flip Sheary at the deadline and get a 4.8M 2RW? Sign me up
Palmieri, Kuzmenko, Vatrano, maybe someone like Kurashev; all names that could be available come deadline and be an upgrade. I'm sure there are others as well, but I haven't done a real deep dive into it.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Going to be a huge bidding war for Vatrano, don't think we get in on that. Could see us going for Mantha or even Gourde depending on Seattle's season.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
The right wing is looking pretty f***ing dire.
This. It's horrible. Maybe Geekie can grow/play into it, if not, that's an easy TDL need if we want to do any damage. After Kucherov theres four guys, including Ace, that are redundant. Ace is the best of the bunch. Atkinson is a roll of the dice. Sheary is awful and Chaffee is likely just an energy forward which isn't bad. We seriously need a scoring 2RW or PWF type. At this point, I'm hoping Geekie is that guy.

Reactions: LightningStrikes

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Going to be a huge bidding war for Vatrano, don't think we get in on that. Could see us going for Mantha or even Gourde depending on Seattle's season.
Don't want much to do with Mantha. Gourde coming back would be okay, but not sure he'd be the right fit on line 2. Palmieri is a better goal scorer as of late and Kuzmenko is younger in regards to re-signing. Vatrano will cost the most probably, so maybe Tampa doesn't seriously go after him. At least they're familiar with Gourde, even though I think there are likely better options for 2RW.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Don't want much to do with Mantha. Gourde coming back would be okay, but not sure he'd be the right fit on line 2. Palmieri is a better goal scorer as of late and Kuzmenko is younger in regards to re-signing. Vatrano will cost the most probably, so maybe Tampa doesn't seriously go after him. At least they're familiar with Gourde, even though I think there are likely better options for 2RW.

Hagel-Cirelli-Gourde would be like the previous Gourde line but on steroids I think you aim for that type of puck hound/possession line where everyone plays a similar game. Rather than inserting a semi-skilled guy there and trying to develop chemistry in <2 months and well having Cirelli as your center.

Kinda walking back on the Mantha idea for the same reason, I think someone like Gourde or Brandon Tanev would be a better fit and you just go for a super shutdown/possession line and hope Paul-Geekie can get something going/

Last edited:
Reactions: DFC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad