Speculation: 2024-2025 General Lightning Discussion: Preseason Edition

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Damn he's saying the exact thing me and @These Are The Days were saying. Expect more from Cirelli and need Atkinson to pan out, if not, a top 6 option is needed.

Imagine that, a neutral is giving the same assessment people were questioning from me and TATD just 24-48hrs ago.
Imagine, someone who watches hockey can come to a basic conclusion? One that every single person who watches hockey has said and noticed?

Not going to mention that Shannon also says that he expects and wouldn't be surprised if someone from the farm jumps into the Second line and move Atkinson down?

Reactions: Stammertime91

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
im gonna throw a huge prediction and say Groshev tears up camp and ends up in the top 6 on opening night. next to Hagel and Cirelli

Reactions: Peacefool

RLP55

Jul 13, 2022
im gonna throw a huge prediction and say Groshev tears up camp and ends up in the top 6 on opening night. next to Hagel and Cirelli

Right there with you. Maybe not top 6. Watching the 3v3 tournament thought Groshev had the “it” factor. Small sample size. But size/skill level jumped off the screen.

Actually was watching the 3v3 specifically to get a look at Geekie. Again, small size sample. He was lethargic and passive. Not saying he’s lazy, I assumed in another thread he was dinged up and measured in his movements.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
No one said we couldn't use a top 6 upgrade, you guys are crying like the whole thing needs a makeover. We can afford to enter the season with what we have and adjust accordingly down the line.

You guys are like babies, trade, trade, trade, now, now, now.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
No one said we couldn't use a top 6 upgrade, you guys are crying like the whole thing needs a makeover. We can afford to enter the season with what we have and adjust accordingly down the line.

I'm fine with them entering the season and making the adjustments as necessary, but I'm not ok with them half assing the first 1/2 to 2/3 of the season again before they need to flip the switch to make the playoffs.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I'm fine with them entering the season and making the adjustments as necessary, but I'm not ok with them half assing the first 1/2 to 2/3 of the season again before they need to flip the switch to make the playoffs.

The roster entering the season this year is significantly better than the one last year, not sure why we're complaining so much.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Imagine, someone who watches hockey can come to a basic conclusion? One that every single person who watches hockey has said and noticed?

Not going to mention that Shannon also says that he expects and wouldn't be surprised if someone from the farm jumps into the Second line and move Atkinson down?
Yes. And his assessment was that our top six is lacking because there's more offensive potential for Cirelli to be had along with a hole at 2RW.

Yet the satire brigade thought otherwise 48hrs ago.

Last edited:

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty

You should be more direct when you say "you guys" because I never said trade, trade, trade, now, now, now because I'm not on that train.

If it was for cap relief I would've said cirelli instead of Sergachev but now Cirelli has no excuse to elevate his game since Sprongkos is no longer on the team. I think it's more than fair to say nobody expected Atkinson, or in Sheary's case wants, etc to be potential top 6 options so its underwhelming.

We have one elite scoring line and another that's questionable of whether they can produce in a trio of Hagel, Cirelli, and whomever. You blasted TATD for it with satirical horseshit but missed the point you and DTR are acknowledging? It's like arguing for nothing but instead of analyzing it, you chose the route to just be pompous and posture with bravado. Not to mention your usual ad hominem.

If "trade, trade, trade" means not wanting Sheary here then sure, but a lot of us haven't seen less out of a UFA signing in a bit. He was abysmal so knocking anybody for him being 1 of X to trade really isn't out of left field.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
This was posted on the main boards:

img_2261-jpeg.896280

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

At least we aren't hoping everything gets figured out at camp. (not a comment towards you, but of our board's past)

This time is good for coaches, management, and pro scouts to really evaluate their options (and big trades don't often happen at this point of July).

Don't discount adding another forward elsewhere. Cousins (although he'd need the character check), Clutterbuck, JVR, Hoffman, etc.

Last edited:

TampaIceman

Jun 29, 2024
Yeah I don’t see Stamkos getting picked for either of those teams unless it is for nostalgia.

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
Stammer had some really unfortunate timing for representing Team Canada.
He really has, but since this Four Nations thing is kind of throw in before Olympics and other future best on best that will be open to all, maybe they'll throw him a bone. It would be a small bit of justice for past bad luck/timing and would definitely spice things up a bit to have Stammer and JBB on the same squad again.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
The Lightning website updated player numbers.

Nothing unexpected. Atkinson 13, Guentzel 59, Moser 90, Girgensons 28, McD 27

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad