Speculation: 2024-2025 General Lightning Discussion I

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I'll post this here, since the tv/streaming thread may not get as much attention.

It's just a name change from Bally. We have a game against the Leafs that day, so we won't have to wait long.

The Lightning's Thanksgiving game is sponsored by Bally. I guess it's sponsored by the FanDuel Network, or whatever, now.

Last edited:

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
There's no way Guentzal is only 5'11, he seems like he has so much more reach than Kucherov and his strides are bigger than Stamkos' who's 6'1. He plays a big game and he covers so much his with his strides.

Reactions: Renopucker

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
But he's played every game. :)
get-a-load-of-this-guy-get.gif

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
There's no way Guentzal is only 5'11, he seems like he has so much more reach than Kucherov and his strides are bigger than Stamkos' who's 6'1. He plays a big game and he covers so much his with his strides.
He might just be a legit 5'11. I think Kucherov is closer to 5'9 or 5'10.

Soul Assumption

Jul 18, 2022
Fix the damn power play put point in Stamkos old spot and put Jake in the bumper spot .

LW - Point C - Guentzel , RW kucherov

LD hedman, RD N. Paul

Use Paul to take the center draws
It was an obvious choice after Stammer walk but people were saying that Point doesn't have a good one timer. Maybe he doesn't but it would still be much better than Raddysh

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Fix the damn power play put point in Stamkos old spot and put Jake in the bumper spot .

LW - Point C - Guentzel , RW kucherov

LD hedman, RD N. Paul

Use Paul to take the center draws
Draws weren’t really the issue for the PP1 unit last night though or am i remembering this wrong? Paul would replace Jake as the net front guy, not sure he’s better than him there. Of course it worked fine last season when Paul replaced Killorn as the “around the net” guy.

Putting Paul in front and behind the net would likely push Jake to the left side as Point is the bumper but Jake is a LH shot. Coop wants a RH shot for the double one timer threat from both sides though - at least for the time being. That’s why we have Raddysh there. Maybe they just need a little more time.

So unless we want Cernak or Perbix or Chaffee or Atkinson or Glendening on the first unit it’s Raddysh’s spot. Point is good at a lot of things but full blast one timers don’t seem to be one of them. We really don’t have a legit RH shot alternative.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad