2024-2025 Blues Multi-Purpose Thread.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

AyeBah

Apr 5, 2019
When is Sunny supposed to be able to play again? I could see Faksa more as a 4C option than 3C. But obviously with the ability to play 3C if/when needed. Also plays wing.
You sure Sunny even will play meaningful again? How many ACL tears is this now?

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I'd have liked to get a little more to take on Joseph in order to feel better about the cost we paid to move Hayes out. Realistically, the 3rd we just picked up could be roughly 20-40 spots later in the draft and I don't view Hayes as noticeably more of an anchor contract than Joseph. Hayes plays a more valuable position and had similar production in a drastically harder role than Joseph had last year. Even if you sell me that the positives for Joseph (namely age) make him more valuable in a vacuum, I don't think it is that much more valuable. All that said, it does make the pill much easier to swallow.

I like Faksa the player. I think he's still a really good defensive bottom 6 center who can genuinely contribute on the PK. We needed one of those, even if you say that this year is a complete throwaway. Having a guy who can eat all those minutes and support developing guys in the bottom 6 is a good thing to have even if you want to lose every game. I'd have liked to get a mid-late pick to take him, but I'm not losing sleep over not getting one. I don't think it is completely outside the realm of possibility that he could boost his rental value (with 50% retention) to a late 2nd rounder in a full season as our 3C.*

*I'm not convinced he is our 3C all year, but he should absolutely be well in the contention for that job heading to camp. Texier has played center one time in the NHL and his last 2 seasons were on the wing. Buch has only had a couple experimental center runs in his pro career and very well might get traded. Schenn has made a good argument that he's better suited on the wing at this stage in his career. Dvorsky hasn't remotely proven NHL readiness and Dean had a real up and down season last year. I see a pretty wide competition for center spots and Faksa very well might show the team that he's not capable of being more than a 4C. But he should very much be in the running for that 3C job and there is an argument that he will be the frontrunner for it by the time camp opens.

Last edited:

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I feel like Faksa is definitely the 4C. Dvo auditioning for that 3c spot and if he’s not ready roll with Schenn/Tex/Buch in that spot though we’d probably prefer them on the wing.

Reactions: CaliforniaBlues310

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
Can't stress this enough. The extra term was always the worst part about Hayes. If these guys don't work out, who cares.
Both Joseph and Texier are signed through 2026....same term as Hayes. They'll bridge this two-year medicore-fest when some of our horrible contracts start falling off and the young guys are ready to really contribute.

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
1719947368499.png

Looking at that lineup definitely sends the message to the kids that they're not going to be handed roster spots this upcoming season. It's up to Bolduc and company to earn their way onto the big club.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Faksa will be like Acciari IMO, the 4th line C, but solid enough to play up when injuries hit. We needed someone like that. Kill penalties, play up in defensive situations to shelter younger wingers, etc.

Reactions: CaliforniaBlues310

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
6 years at 8 per for Buchnevich. I can live with that.
I figured it was going to settle in at 6 years and the $8M is probably about a half million less than market value. It's a fair extension. Still not sure it makes a whole lot of sense for this team given where they're at but I like the player.

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
I figured it was going to settle in at 6 years and the $8M is probably about a half million less than market value. It's a fair extension. Still not sure it makes a whole lot of sense for this team given where they're at but I like the player.
Guess it depends on how you value experience. Blues are going to have an influx of young forwards in the next 2-3 years.

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
Once he didn't get moved at this years deadline I think this became the best outcome. If we had traded him the return would have been underwhelming. I think we will try him at 2C again this season and I think it can work.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Once he didn't get moved at this years deadline I think this became the best outcome. If we had traded him the return would have been underwhelming. I think we will try him at 2C again this season and I think it can work.

I totally get the argument for trading him, but that was contingent on getting good value for him. It's possible that we would have had a hard time getting good value in the current market. That being said, when you have a good player who likes it here and seems committed to the team and the city then it's hard to let that go. Clearly he wants to help be a part of turning this team around and that makes me feel good as a Blues fan.

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
Buchnevich with one year of control would have been able to return at least a first round pick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad