2024/2025 Around the League

cinchronicity

Jan 16, 2021
Durango
How many of y'all would trade Wood and Georgiev ($5.9m combined) for Kuemper ($5m + $900k for Wood's replacement)?
I think Kovalenko has shown enough to be that $896K 3LW ( I know he typically played RW, but he does shoot lefty, played 1RW the past two, and I don't want to move LOC from 3RW.)

As for Kuemper: Georgie is a terrible goalie, but not as terrible as these last two games would imply I'd say, though, that he is a lock for a sub .900 season. That is essentially Kuemper last year (.890, 3.31, 33 games.)

I also wory about cap implications. You are likely the best capologist on HFAvs, so I won't get hyperbolic. But if both Landy and Nuke end up on the roster, and Mikko signs for $12+, the 4th line and at least 1 of the third line needs to be at league minimum - permanently. Guys like Kovalanko are going to want more than $900.000.

In a vacuum, I'd make that trade.

Reactions: Richard88

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Not sure what happened to Lafreniere in the playoffs last year but he isn't the same player anymore

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Do you think he has been doing enough to stick around when some Jersey's dmen start coming back from injury, or is he going to be SOL when they return given how their dmen stack up?
I’d keep him up… he plays with such a high IQ and is perfectly adept at playing a simple game, while being able to pounce on opportunities. It think he’s been fantastic there even outside of the offensive side.

Reactions: dmac7719

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
He's a weird one...he's tiny (about the same size as Girard) and doesn't skate fast north-south but his east-west game is insane.
IMO the worst two parts of Hutson's skating are his transitions forward to back and his backwards skating is rather poor. This will probably make him susceptible to a lot of rush defensive issues and he's going to have to be especially good with the reads on his pinches. I'd say he needs a physical partner who is also a great skater to really hit his ceiling.

He is a great example of speed not mattering nearly as much as agility and burst in skating.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad