2024/2025 Around the League

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
To be honest... I'm not sure which I liked worse. I actually thought Grubauer was a better goalie for us, his lows weren't as low but I hated how he kinda threw the team in front of him under the bus a few times in the media. Rubbed me the wrong way.

I only wish Frankie had the health to have overcome either. He outplayed both. I really think him having good health, could have been one of those alternate universe moments that completely changes the trajectory of the team.
I will never, ever forgive Groob for that goddamn Nick Holden goal in game six.

Oh yeah I remember when he was still with the Avs it felt like every single breakaway on him was an automatic goal
Conversely, Frankie seemed quite good (when healthy) at stopping breakaways. Dude was amazing in the shootout IIRC.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Tkachuk is such a stain. Won't fight anyone all game, then, after Bennett runs right over Korpisalo, he hides behind the ref and throws punches.

Bennett totally, accidentally on purpose, runs Korpi... in a 6-2 game.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
To be honest... I'm not sure which I liked worse. I actually thought Grubauer was a better goalie for us, his lows weren't as low but I hated how he kinda threw the team in front of him under the bus a few times in the media. Rubbed me the wrong way.

I only wish Frankie had the health to have overcome either. He outplayed both. I really think him having good health, could have been one of those alternate universe moments that completely changes the trajectory of the team.
That is Grubauer being German and not him being a bad teammate. I would easily take Grubauer over Georgiev, even though both have serious problems.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Florida wins the cup, and 1st game of next season, when they raise the banner, the arena is about 80% full. Lots of empty seats. Sad thing is next game, and the rest of the season, it will probably be half full.
Considering the hurricanes', I would not judge any game in the state of Florida for the next two weeks IMHO. If you're talking about the seats behind the benches, those are most definitely corporate seats.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
That is Grubauer being German and not him being a bad teammate. I would easily take Grubauer over Georgiev, even though both have serious problems.
Naw, I get the brutal efficiency of the german language. I was having problems processing the vet was telling me pet was a dead man walking and then she finally said (in her wonderful accent), "Listen to me...what I am asking you is how much money you want to spend on a dead animal."

I get and appreciate the bluntness. But Gru was doing it to deflect attention in games where he did nothing himself to contribute to wins. I hold that against him like I actually do hold the "death threat" Mikko gave Georgiev. As funny as that one might have been, it's not in any way either professional or conducive to a team environment and the guy is wearing an A.

Reactions: Alienblood

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
It’s very surprising that the Avs don’t really consider goaltending very important and don’t put much effort or money into improving it. It’s surprising because we had the best goalie of all time for so many years and now it’s like get someone for a short stop no matter how average they are

Who has better according to them?
Vegas. I never agree with athletic and don’t on this one either. Vegas d core isn’t better than ours

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Naw, I get the brutal efficiency of the german language. I was having problems processing the vet was telling me pet was a dead man walking and then she finally said (in her wonderful accent), "Listen to me...what I am asking you is how much money you want to spend on a dead animal."

I get and appreciate the bluntness. But Gru was doing it to deflect attention in games where he did nothing himself to contribute to wins. I hold that against him like I actually do hold the "death threat" Mikko gave Georgiev. As funny as that one might have been, it's not in any way either professional or conducive to a team environment and the guy is wearing an A.
To be fair, who among us has not wanted to kill George?

• Haha
Reactions: expatriatedtexan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad