2024/2025 Around the League

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
I am trying not to judge too much on a preseason, but Vegas had like 4 shots at home at the halfway point against the Kings last night. Not all NHLers were playing, but many were. When you factor in how Vegas finished last year, how many players they lost in the offseason, and their injury history, I would not be shocked if they were one of the "surprise" teams that fell hard. But knowing Vegas' luck, they would probably finish in the top 5 and win the lottery to grab Hagens. Their division is probably too crap for that to happen, but they are on my radar for a potential collapse.
NHL regulars generally don't play hard in the preseason. Doubly so for Vegas players, because they know it's too early to get injured and magically be out until Game 1 of the playoffs

• Haha
Reactions: Metallo and S E P H

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
Buffalo didn't get the memo about who was supposed to be the next captain
Buffalo is not in the dark. They named Dahlin their Captain because they know that there is a chance that Sakic will sign or trade for Byram in a couple of years when Byram requests a trade (like ROR and other players in Buffalo) plus Byram himself will probably want to play for a contender to win another cup.

• Haha
Reactions: The Moops

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
He's small and not that fast, he's going to have to rely only on puck skills and IQ.
And those look to be good enough, but the margin of error for him is much smaller because of what his skill set is. When the time and space is cut just a bit more, are his strengths enough? I'd say the answer is likely yes, but need to see him matchup against NHLers to really know.

Reactions: Balthazar

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
IMG_1054.jpeg

MrGuyPerson

Aug 19, 2020
I want to see Michkov when he's playing actual NHLers, but the early results are cool to watch. I'd really like to see Philly have a superstar again.
I am pretty sure he was on the ice against NHLers the most of the last game. Just looking at his +/- both points were scored against : Anders Lee, JG Pageau, Pierre Engvall, and Mike Reilly(D). 1 point against Kyle Palmieri and Scott Mayfield(D). All of them were in the NHL. There was 1 guy that finished in the Minus Column as a -1 that wasn't in the NHL last season. Tsyplakov. He seems to have been in the KHL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad