2024/2025 Around the League

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
NHL players want the LTIR loophole fixed:

1dkV3Ye.png

Quenneville here is interesting @Pokecheque

oFmfJef.png
Not surprising

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
Ignored by Team Canada, ignored by the players.

He doesn't get recognition for the Avs' success.

You didn't read the last line did you

You expect me to read the fine print? I bet you'd want me to completely read a full ToS before clicking "I accept" too, wouldn't you?

• Haha
Reactions: missionAvs

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I've got a feeling that is the camera that is being used to televise and that is the speed it will just constantly move back and forth at regardless of where the puck is at any given moment.

But you know what? I'm still going to watch it and love it because it's the first hockey of the season I'll be able to witness. Life is great my friends!

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
The preseason has started and Utah still hasn’t named the team? I mean how hard is it to come up with a team name?

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
The preseason has started and Utah still hasn’t named the team? I mean how hard is it to come up with a team name?
We were almost named the Rocky Mountain Xtreme. I'm willing to give them time to get it right.

As funny as it may be for a minute or so, the novelty of Utah Mcboatyboatface will wear off and they will select something homefully better than the Wild.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
We were almost named the Rocky Mountain Xtreme. I'm willing to give them time to get it right.

As funny as it may be for a minute or so, the novelty of Utah Mcboatyboatface will wear off and they will select something homefully better than the Wild.
Only thing I have to say about that is if that’s the route you’re gonna go, you’d better f***ing get it right. Washington fans waited TWO YEARS for the most generic name possible. And the PWHL names…good Lord.

We all know they’re gonna be the Yeti, as we can see, it could be worse.

RECKLESS

Apr 23, 2019
My hometown boy Oliver Kapanen making himself noticeable in a Canadiens jersey is awesome. Yes he is from the same family as all the other Kapanen's, but this kid is a helluva lot smarter and more mature player than his cousin Kasperi. Will be following his path, has a contract in Sweden but if Montreal wants to get him going right away in the big league... We'll see.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

It's just marketing. They probably want all the articles and tweets about the new team name to coincide with the start of the season, so it might give a bit of an attendance/ratings/merchandise boost.

We likely know the name anyway, but it will generate more traffic and virality if they announce it closer to the season starting.

Wouldn't be surprised if they wait until opening night. That would be the best time from a marketing perspective. That way a big part of the national coverage on opening night is about them.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
My hometown boy Oliver Kapanen making himself noticeable in a Canadiens jersey is awesome. Yes he is from the same family as all the other Kapanen's, but this kid is a helluva lot smarter and more mature player than his cousin Kasperi. Will be following his path, has a contract in Sweden but if Montreal wants to get him going right away in the big league... We'll see.
Didn't watch him but apparently he's been really good so far.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012

It would have been tough to ramp up a name, logo, and have all the stuff to sell in time. Not impossible, but tough. The supply chains and how they operate today. It was originally going to be December, but now looks like November to have a full stock for fans to buy. Going through a name and logo decision that takes a month or two would have potentially pushed full stock of fan gear to February. On top of that, they get to heavily lean into the 'Utah's Team' thing instead of SLC.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad