2024/2025 Around the League

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Is Larkin a good enough 1C though? In the right circumstance I could see it, but he needs to increase the C depth and talent quickly before Larkin ages out imo.

Larkin's a fringe 1C on a Cup team IMO. Needs a very good 2C behind him or him to be the very good 2C behind another 1C. On a bad team he's a good 1C.

His career highs in points are 79, 73, and 69, and he's 28 years old. Last year he was 17th among centers, and 26th among forwards, in pts/gm.

By the time Detroit is ready to contend, Larkin's contract might not look so great. Yzerman has a lot more work to do.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
So the big story in Toronto is Nylander going back at center (thanks to washed up Tavares playing at 4th line level).

If he finds success at center it will change their top 6 dynamic IMO.

Toronto really geared up for the playoffs this year, especially defensively..they didn't panic with the Marner situation and with Matthews getting captaincy and the new coach boost from Berube this (really) could be their year.

I know it sounds funny but that's one team I'd not bet against.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
So the big story in Toronto is Nylander going back at center (thanks to washed up Tavares playing at 4th line level).

Toronto really geared up for the playoffs this year, especially defensively..they didn't panic with the Marner situation and with Matthews getting captaincy and the new coach boost from Berube this (really) could be their year.

Yeah but does not Toronto's defense suck?

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021

I see exactly 0 defensemen on that roster who can transition the puck regularly under a playoff-intensity forecheck

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
The defensive core I am most suspicious about is Dallas. They got the prime pieces, not arguing that, but they changed 50% of their defensive core and for the worse. 50%!!!!! That's immense, they're going to regress (though still be a prime SCF candidate) along with the Jets under this new head coach which I heard bad things about. Those are two of my predictions.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Larkin's a fringe 1C on a Cup team IMO. Needs a very good 2C behind him or him to be the very good 2C behind another 1C. On a bad team he's a good 1C.

His career highs in points are 79, 73, and 69, and he's 28 years old. Last year he was 17th among centers, and 26th among forwards, in pts/gm.

By the time Detroit is ready to contend, Larkin's contract might not look so great. Yzerman has a lot more work to do.
He's decent defensively but also not great. His production isn't far off what ROR's was when they won the cup, but ROR was also an elite shutdown guy where Larkin isn't. But I also just hate the Detroit rebuild so...

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

I won't believe in that team until they get a dman that can actually transition the puck well in the playoffs. Tanev and Rielly will probably be an unreal pairing, but they desperately need someone who can move the puck efficiently in their bottom 4.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

Unless that team magically finds a top pairing defensemen and a 4/5 defensemen out of thin air, they aren't going anywhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad