2024/2025 Around the League

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Oh i'm not arguing players like Brannstrom and Kylington will gain Bednar's trust, but I do think they'll help create more blowout games where it will help spread out the TOI for the majority of the regular season. Once the TDL hits I expect they'll bring in 1-2 rentals in the mold of JMFG/Nemeth/etc for the playoffs..
I'd don't see how they'll create more blowout games. They may create some more offensive chances, but what they create is likely offset by what they'll give up. Based on what we've seen, their split is unlikely to be drastically different than Byram, JMFJ, Malinski, Jones, Walker, etc.

This Avs team is not any deeper than last year's team and the reliance on the top guys will be similar as long as Bednar prioritizes winning all the regular season games he can.

cinchronicity

Jan 16, 2021
Durango
The Avs have lost two elder statesmen in JMFJ and Cogs. Belle could fill that locker room void. Another French voice will probably make Girard happy. Now, can Belle still play 4C. I have my doubts.

Johnnydrama21

Jan 23, 2013
Cleveland, OH
I'd don't see how they'll create more blowout games. They may create some more offensive chances, but what they create is likely offset by what they'll give up. Based on what we've seen, their split is unlikely to be drastically different than Byram, JMFJ, Malinski, Jones, Walker, etc.

This Avs team is not any deeper than last year's team and the reliance on the top guys will be similar as long as Bednar prioritizes winning all the regular season games he can.
Even getting Nuke and Landy back, they won't be as deep as last year because there's no way in hell either of them is their old self (at least not for a while)

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
The thing that's killing me is that while the new depth acquisitions on defense are very interesting, not a single one of them will see any serious penalty kill time, which is reason #1 why Makar gets way too many minutes every night.
Like @henchman21 said earlier, Avs are looking for the best value contracts for dmen and the best bang for the buck is in the small bottom pair puck movers.

Problem is these dmen don't PK and don't usually do well in the playoffs.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I see a Leafs first rounder just got Sieloff'd in camp.

f*** these moronic goon-types who feel the need to knock their potential future teammates around to make a good first impression.
Happened last year too with the Leafs (Roni Hirvonen got hit that time) and the Marlies actually gave a contract to the guy who made the hit lol...

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019

Top five forward tandems in hockey. It's obvious who #1 is, Mikko and Nate come in at #2.

Frankie is probably my favourite guy in hockey media but I disagree with #3 pretty strongly. They should be #5

Reactions: Balthazar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad