2024/2025 Around the League

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Funny, how it can be done in other parts of the world without the team names being cringe. At least over here, kids get interested because they find the sport interesting.
I chose teams because they were good at the time and had cool logos to a five-year-old. The sport I was born into.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I just wonder what he would like to do next. He's kinda in between a studio host and an insider. I don't think TSN has a spot for him, unless they would like to do some changes to the programming and considering how much they've made cuts in the last few years...

If I were to guess, he starts up his own podcast. I just wonder if he's doing it with some existing, non-mainstream media like SDPN, Daily Faceoff or something...
Daily Faceoffs is owned by Playmaker, it's a huge worldwide network with a lot of money. The largest Canadian independent network is probably the Sick Podcast. They cover a lot of cities/sports.

I could see him join one or the other.

Last edited:

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
CBJ fan on reddit:

yTOMeSk.png

Man that sucks.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Damn..Don Waddell was the Thrashers GM when Dan Snyder died in 2003.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
My city where I live (NY) the hockey guy also is surprised that NY only one 1 Stanley Cup.

Avs have 3 cups in much more shorter time period as a franchise.

Avs are got to go all in in the next 2 to 3 years.

Reactions: The Moops

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Forementon retiring from hockey to work in construction is crazy.

Even if I despised the sport, if I was that good I'd do it for 5-7 years while investing and then go f*** off somewhere else.
He’s unlikely to get a contract worth much until the trial is over… and he’s acquitted (seems unlikely at the moment).

Reactions: The Moops

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC

Even if I despised the sport, if I was that good I'd do it for 5-7 years while investing and then go f*** off somewhere else.
It's either go play overseas and still be associated with hockey, the SA case, and media, or try and find some cover until everything blows over.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021

you would be surprised how many people played hockey and never enjoyed it a bit

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
It's either go play overseas and still be associated with hockey, the SA case, and media, or try and find some cover until everything blows over.
He played overseas already (in Switzerland), but European clubs read the news too. Not good PR.

I give him credit for just calling it quits instead of going to Russia/Belarus.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I'd bet good money he could find a KHL team very quickly.
But you have to live in Russia, which is quite a downside...and once it's over you have to start a new career anyway. It's not like he'll have a good name so I doubt teams in North America will line up to offer him coaching jobs and stuff.

Also he's facing prison time isn't he?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad