OT: 2024-2025 All Non-Hockey Sports Talk MLB, NBA, NFL, etc.

angusyoung

raise yor hand if u luv the beach as much as i do
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
doesn't look bad but i maintain the city missed a gigantic opportunity to market the beaches and skyline to one of the largest TV audiences there is. miami could've been the monaco of the 21st century. all the promo shots of the cars driving on south beach and the causeway can't substitute.

damn nimbys.
Who's that on? perhaps the race itself will showcase what you're expecting. Most fans of F1 are knowledgeable and most likely are familiar with any given venue has to offer.:dunno:

zeroG

Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
Who's that on? perhaps the race itself will showcase what you're expecting. Most fans of F1 are knowledgeable and most likely are familiar with any given venue has to offer.:dunno:
i would guess it's on the city and the people that live in/around it. the city must not have made a compelling case and/or countered the nimbys who bitched about their life being turned upside down for a couple of weeks. like, do you understand how large this event is? how many eyes will be on the city?

sounds like they initially wanted a street circuit close to the water. would've been unreal.

anyway, it's over and done. looks like they've spent an awful lot on this new track and that chance is likely gone forever.

i am surprised the panthers didn't manage to cash in this past week - why did drivers go see the f***ing marlins instead of coming to see a playoff hockey game?

angusyoung

raise yor hand if u luv the beach as much as i do
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
i would guess it's on the city and the people that live in/around it. the city must not have made a compelling case and/or countered the nimbys who bitched about their life being turned upside down for a couple of weeks. like, do you understand how large this event is? how many eyes will be on the city?

sounds like they initially wanted a street circuit close to the water. would've been unreal.

anyway, it's over and done. looks like they've spent an awful lot on this new track and that chance is likely gone forever.

i am surprised the panthers didn't manage to cash in this past week - why did drivers go see the f***ing marlins instead of coming to see a playoff hockey game?
Will be interesting to hear some feedback now that it's over. Seems like it may have drawn some new fans to the sport but as you say, they could have done more and make it better.

zeroG

Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
Will be interesting to hear some feedback now that it's over. Seems like it may have drawn some new fans to the sport but as you say, they could have done more and make it better.
no spoilers, please! i haven't watched it yet :)

my brother lives on brickell and he knew nothing about it until i mentioned it a couple of months ago.

he texted me yesterday saying "F1 is pretty cool! pirelli had a huge event on brickell and there's an exhibit at bayfront park".

"great", i said - "did you go?"

"no"

at least he was exposed to it thanks to those events. would've been great if the race was actually down in that area, though.

i'll report back once i have a chance to talk to him and get a sense of how successful they were at bringing new people in.

Reactions: angusyoung

Chaos2k7

2024 Stanley Cup Champions! 🏆
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Pretty sad that the Dolphins get a worse punishment than Deshaun Watson. Breaking the rules is breaking the rules I guess but the inconsistency is maddening.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Any Dolphins fans here? I'm out in TX but a huge Dolphins fan. Figured there would be some chat abhout the Dolphins in here but doesn't appear so after they are 3-0. :(

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Any Dolphins fans here? I'm out in TX but a huge Dolphins fan. Figured there would be some chat abhout the Dolphins in here but doesn't appear so after they are 3-0. :(

From the Game i saw, the look more impressive then the last two Years. Also the D looks better. I think the 3-0 doesn´t come from nowhere. And a good and quick start are helping.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
World Series starts tonight.

Anyone got the balls to put money on Philadelphia? I want to, but my brain definitely tells me Houston will win.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
World Series starts tonight.

Anyone got the balls to put money on Philadelphia? I want to, but my brain definitely tells me Houston will win.
I don’t really care about sports other than hockey but I want to see the Houston Cheaters lose. I hate cheaters like Carolina and Kucherov in hockey so I certainly recognize it when I see it in baseball. I hope the Phillies f***ing crush them.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I don’t really care about sports other than hockey but I want to see the Houston Cheaters lose. I hate cheaters like Carolina and Kucherov in hockey so I certainly recognize it when I see it in baseball. I hope the Phillies f***ing crush them.
If the Astros win, especially convincingly, will the cheating scandal finally go to rest?

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I'm a Southwestern Ontario boy. I live under an hour where the Phillies manager Rob Thompson grew up. I live 20 minutes away from where he got his second managerial job, managing but now defunct AA London tigers, I am wearing their hat tonight.
But my $650 bet on the Astros winning game 1 is looking not too shabby right now!

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I'm a Southwestern Ontario boy. I live under an hour where the Phillies manager Rob Thompson grew up. I live 20 minutes away from where he got his second managerial job, managing but now defunct AA London tigers, I am wearing their hat tonight.
But my $650 bet on the Astros winning game 1 is looking not too shabby right now!
And as soon as I posted this, I went to the washroom, I came back and the Phillies scored three runs to make it 5-3.

Oh well, that's why you play 9 Innings.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I never thought this game would go extras.
It's been like a boxing match. Houston came out mashing in the first three innings. Then the Phillies took their shot the next three Innings and tied up the game. The last three Innings have just been back and forth, with close plays on each side.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Phillies take one in Houston. It'll be interesting to see what tomorrow brings, as it's as close to a must win for Houston as comes.

Chaos2k7

2024 Stanley Cup Champions! 🏆
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
George Springer is on the Blue Jays, and I don't show him no ill will at all. Basically heard zero booing this year on the road, and I watched/listened to all 162 games this season
He is on our team and I will root for him as a Blue Jay, but he is still marked by that cheating scandal in my books.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

Dang, bad beat but wild game either way.
Really thought Houston had it locked up.
Maybe chase Philly as World Series winner, odds may not be crazy? Lower after last night of course.

Prefer Philly winning. Like Harper and always been a lowkey fan of them since Doc went there and lit it up for 2 solid twilight years.

Reactions: Prominence Problem

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad