Prospect Info: [2024] 1st rd selection - #31 OA - RD, Ben Danford - Oshawa Generals, OHL (6′2″/191lb) --Signed to ELC

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Really disappointing to have Danford take a head shot in a scrimmage for a prospect tournament, beyond frustrating.

I would think out of caution he's unlikely to take part in the tournament which is a damn shame.

Reactions: Sypher04

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Is there a link to the hit?

Haven't seen any video of the hit and I am terminally online, just stuff from the aftermath

Basically verbiage is it was a head shot and or possibly borderline cheap shot...

They really need to stop inviting plugs to this or tell guys that you save the physical stuff for an actual scrimmage against another team.

Dayjobdave

Apr 29, 2010
The sad reality of being a drafted leaf prospect is that you get so much media attention that you can pretty much never step on the ice not thinking some guy will run you for their moment of infamy.

Hopefully he's ok.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
The sad reality of being a drafted leaf prospect is that you get so much media attention that you can pretty much never step on the ice not thinking some guy will run you for their moment of infamy.

Hopefully he's ok.

I mean, Treliving rewarded someone with a contract for injuring a player last year, if I am looking for a contract I am hitting a lot if that is the standard.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

Hopefully he's ok.

Unfortunately it is a contact sport so there’s risk around every corner and someone could come in with a cheap shot at any time. But on the other hand you can’t exactly nerf the process because you’re going to be playing against hostile opposition in real games and need to be prepared too.

Hopefully Danford isn’t too badly hurt and can make a speedy recovery and have a productive camp.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad