Prospect Info: 2024 18th Overall - Sacha Boisvert

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
What an absurd spin

Only Toews that Boisvert is comparable to is David
Good size, goes to the dirty areas, scores in front of the net, hard, accurate snapshot/wrist shot, good two way player, good IQ, solid skater. I'm not spinning anything.

I'm already on record saying I didn't like the pick, and would have preferred a couple others at 18, but I'm also not gonna randomly trash a player just because he's not "my guy".

Levshunov wasn't my guy, but you don't see me going all unhinged lunatic like some of the clowns on here, do you?

I addressed the inaccuracy that his skating was "bad". Which is absolute nonsense. He's not a bad skater at all, especially for his size, and anyone who says he is, has no idea wtf they're watching or looking at. You have guys on here screaming his skating is bad, when you can watch him and see pretty f***ing clearly that it's not, and every single prospect writeup on him says he's a strong skater.

Last edited:

statswatcher

Jul 27, 2022
they also gave up a 2nd round pick to do it...was anybody taking this guy at 18 or 19 if they just stood pat? never seen a guy move up a month from the draft just because when he has no idea how the board will fall
sure. there’s thinking something was bad or a dumb move, and then there’s acting like IanMitchellFan01 up there. apparently KD personally went to his house and killed his dog or something.

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
they also gave up a 2nd round pick to do it...was anybody taking this guy at 18 or 19 if they just stood pat? never seen a guy move up a month from the draft just because when he has no idea how the board will fall

The issue with this thinking is that CHI made the trade specifically to get Boisvert. They likely had a tier of players that ended at 18/19/20. They just better positioned themselves to ensure they got a player they wanted. Whether it was Boisvert or Luchanko or MNB.

statswatcher

Jul 27, 2022
Could've even traded this pick for McGroarty
yeah, i bet you think 18 and reichel, the guy you spend all of your time saying is a bust with practically no value, would have got the job done easy peazy. clown.

like someone else said, you need to light up some diesel, and you probably need to find other things in life to care about.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Screenshot 2024-06-28 211251.png

Just gonna try to comfort myself with his solid micros

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I don’t see the upside that others do personally. I think he’s a 3C that can throw the body and has a great shot. If he gets a bit faster and learns to use his teammates a bit better I like it, still think he’s like a Sissons type. Useful, but I preferred Hage upside.

Reactions: pvr and belfour30

MTU34

Oct 6, 2020
I don’t see the upside that others do personally. I think he’s a 3C that can throw the body and has a great shot. If he gets a bit faster and learns to use his teammates a bit better I like it, still think he’s like a Sissons type. Useful, but I preferred Hage upside.
I think the offensive upside here is significantly higher than with Sissons. Boisvert will score goals at the nhl level. Someone threw out Brock Nelson as a comp and while that would be a high end projection, i don’t think it’s all that bad stylistically.

That being said I also would’ve preferred Hage. I’m fine with this though

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I think my favorite part of this Musto meltdown is that Boisvert has eerily similar shooting mechanics to Strome.

Biggest difference is that Boisvert actually uses it consistently
He's also a better skater, and he actually goes to the dirty areas, plays tough, and doesn't shy away from physicality. I also think his shot is probably harder than Strome's, even now. He has a heavy ass shot. You'd think that Musto would be all over a Strome that isn't just a perimeter player.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
I know +/- isn't the best stat, but this dude wasn't even top 5 in +/- on his own team and barely a point a game player. He was also bad in the playoffs with 3 assists in 8 games, no goals

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I know +/- isn't the best stat, but this dude wasn't even top 5 in +/- on his own team and barely a point a game player. He was also bad in the playoffs with 3 assists in 8 games, no goals
He was 11th in scoring in the USHL with over a PPG. And will now move on to UND to develop more. He'll score goals at the NHL level. Go watch videos of his shot. It's bordering on elite, IMO.

Reactions: Pez68 and Mrfenn92

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad