Prospect Info: 2024 18th Overall - Sacha Boisvert

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Not who I would have taken, but I just watched highlights for 8 minutes... and his skating doesn't look bad by any means. A bit awkward at times(pretty common for taller players, especially a big kid going through a growth spurt), but calling it bad is comically stupid. There's literally nothing wrong that I can see, mechanically.

And every prospect profile I read on him says he's a strong skater.

There's literally nothing that I've seen that says he's a "bad skater" like some in here seem to think.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
They had two firsts, took a safe pick with one, a high risk, high reward pick with another.

I dont mind it. Hope it pans out.
No reward with Boisvert.
Okay so what are his strength and weaknesses? Sounds like a actually physical Dylan Strome yet disliked by some why?
Zero consistency on a shift to shift basis.

Worthless off the puck. Completely unengaged.

On the puck, subpar playmaker.

Always attempts high level moves that he's never once been able to successfully pull off.

His overall skill level is that of a 3C at best, but he doesn't have any of the traits to play in a bottom 6 role. Doesn't grind, doesn't add energy, can't PK.

Bum.

Reactions: BHFAN92

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
not

losing our crap because he didnt take guys I want..losing my crap because he traded picks to move up to get a guy who likely would have been there at 34 like most scouts had him rated. I wanted Demidov but am fine with Levshunov..Boisvert cant f***ing skate.

Skating is listed as a strength in pretty much every draft profile. What are you talking about?

BHFAN92

Jan 21, 2016
Mid-West
Not who I would have taken, but I just watched highlights for 8 minutes... and his skating doesn't look bad by any means. A bit awkward at times(pretty common for taller players, especially a big kid going through a growth spurt), but calling it bad is comically stupid. There's literally nothing wrong that I can see, mechanically.

And every prospect profile I read on him says he's a strong skater.
he skates like a baby giraffe on ice

2024CubsAreReallyBad

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Please someone describe what his ceiling would be like. I need something to rejoice.
Ryan Kesler.

Tough to play against, taking the other teams best match up and potting 20/25 goals a year.

A second line center and better then Nazar, Moore and the rest of the Hawks forward prospects.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Lol cope

Always funny when they don’t take who they should and people come out of the woodwork to defend it.

Reactions: ello

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Lol cope

Always funny when they don’t take who they should and people come out of the woodwork to defend it.
Don't see people defending the pick, just addressing things that look to be inaccurate.

Boisvert leaves me looking at a similar player to Toews when I watch his highlights. If he's even 75% of Toews, it's a win at #18.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Man, I don’t get this rage. Anyone taken mid-1st and beyond is a project, we won’t know what are good picks or not for another couple of years.

That being said, admittedly bad asset management to trade up only to take a guy that would’ve been available later. But if he turns out good, nobody’s going to complain.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
personally i think it’s funnier when people get so upset over a draft pick they act like the gm just stole their catalytic converter.
they also gave up a 2nd round pick to do it...was anybody taking this guy at 18 or 19 if they just stood pat? never seen a guy move up a month from the draft just because when he has no idea how the board will fall

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad