Prospect Info: 2024 - #156 OA - RW Justin Poirier

QuebeCaniac

Aug 28, 2006
Montreal
I just listened to a post-draft interview in French and I am quite excited about him. He is ready to prove he should have been drafted earlier.

He turns 18 in 2 months and scored 51 goals in the regular season. Last 17 year old to score 50 in the Q was Crosby. He also scored 18 goals in 17 playoff games. He is a gamer. His brother Jeremie is 6'1". I cant wait to see him in the development camp.

And BTW, some media members and fans in Montreal are angry that the Habs didn't draft him before we did :)

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
I just listened to a post-draft interview in French and I am quite excited about him. He is ready to prove he should have been drafted earlier.

He turns 18 in 2 months and scored 51 goals in the regular season. Last 17 year old to score 50 in the Q was Crosby. He also scored 18 goals in 17 playoff games. He is a gamer. His brother Jeremie is 6'1". I cant wait to see him in the development camp.

And BTW, some media members and fans in Montreal are angry that the Habs didn't draft him before we did :)
Yeah pretty pumped about this pick as well. He’s extremely boom or bust. But has a ceiling to be an elite scorer in the NHL. Not often you can find someone like that in the 5th round. It’s probably a 5% chance he does that, but that’s well worth the gamble of a 5th rounder.

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL

Hhhm. is the media as mad as they were back in the day when Canadians passed on the goal scoring machine Bossy?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad