Prospect Info: [2024 - 130th] Tyler Thorpe (RW) - Vancouver Giants (WHL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
This happened to Joshua Roy a couple years ago as well
Getting drafted, shining with some goals in September, gaining confidence going back to Junior and exploding offensively ever since
I can see Thorpe scoring 40 goals next year now for Vancouver

There's a lil somethin somethin there for sure
Is it possible he heads back to junior with an ELC?

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Reminds me of Justin Brazeau. Could score at will in juniors, will earn himself a contract and with hard work and dedication may be able to make it as a role player despites the skating issues. With the size, shot and incoming junior dominance ( I expect at least 35 goals+ this season if healthy), Thorpe was going to earn a contract somewhere anyway. I'm glad we picked him in the 5th round.
Brazeau is looking like a fine bottom 6 player for the Bruins.

Habs missed a chance on him a few times with 2 management groups.

Hopefully Thorpe gets an invite to main camp.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Didn’t knew him before the pick. I was in fear that he was another big player playing like a 5ft9 soft midget.

But im very glad to see he has it in him. He seems to love the physical play.

Reactions: Matthew McConaughay

Trabdy2

Nov 30, 2018
Thorpe definitely showed some good qualities on the weekend. His game is still raw, and he'll need work on his skating, but he's got a good shot and he seems to know how to use all that size pretty well. There are some tools there which he might be able to build a game around to fill a bottom 6 role.

Reactions: Matthew McConaughay

Gaud

May 11, 2017
Saw him in the Bell center twice this weekend. I didnt really know him except seeing his name at the draft, but he certainly didnt look like a junior haha

He scored twice in 2 games and got in some massive checks

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
When we drafted him I thought the word was he skated pretty well. How slow is he ? Still think he's a good pick, just thought he was faster

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Sadly didn't get an invite to the big camp, thought he earned to stick around a little bit even if it was to send him back before the first pre-season game.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Sadly didn't get an invite to the big camp, thought he earned to stick around a little bit even if it was to send him back before the first pre-season game.
His season with the Vancouver Giants start in 3 days so i guess they didn’t want him to miss some games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad